It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2008, 12:18 PM   #1
(female)

ibluckymom HB User
Will Adderall XR affect my creativity?

Hello everyone! I was just diagnosed with ADD this morning, and was prescribed Adderall XR. I sure hope it helps. I won't be starting it until tomorrow morning, but, was wondering: Has taking the Adderall XR hindered anyone's creativity. I forgot to ask dr this question today.

I am a home decorator and sometimes I feel that the reason I am pretty successful is because my thoughts are everywhere! But, then again, maybe I will be even better, because I'll be able to focus.

I really just don't know what to expect, but the dr told me this morning that the women he sees have seen a world of difference in there daily life and have wondered why they have waited so long before doing anything, as in my case. I absolutely CANNOT imagine how that could feel like? I am very excited to finally be doing something about it.

One more question, do any of you have/had problems going to sleep at night. Another problem of mine. Thanks for your input!

Old 04-09-2008, 02:34 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Will Adderall XR affect my creativity?

It's tough to say how the drug will affect your work. I'm in a creative field, though, and it helps me.

Will it cause difficulty sleeping? Maybe. Take it real early in the day, and if that doesn't work, try a non XR version, maybe.

Give the medicine a try. You should see results within a day. If you don't like the results, you can just stop taking it, and it'll wear off completely within about a day.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2008, 06:46 AM   #3
(female)

ibluckymom HB User
Re: Will Adderall XR affect my creativity?

Well, just wanted to get back. I have been on Adderall for two full days, starting on number 3, and I have to say it has made a world of difference. I really can concentrate on what people say and I find that as far as creativity is concerned, I concentrate better on one thing and can make a descision faster. I didn't really think it would work this fast. Dr. told me it could take 4 weeks to get into my system?

I really like the fact that I feel like doing things now, more energy for sure!

Closed Thread