It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2008, 07:18 PM   #1
(male)

ostrich HB User
ADD meds that don't affect appetite?

I've tried Adderall, Ritalin, and Dexedrine. Adderall has been the most helpful in terms of getting my mind going and helping me be productive, but it's also the one that most affects my appetite. If I take just one 10 mg dose in the morning, I won't feel like eating for the rest of the day, not even at the end of the day. I can't even force myself to take a bite of my favorite food. With Ritalin and Dexedrine, I still feel appetite suppression, and can only eat at the end of the day. It's not so much that I'm underweight as I know it affects my health negatively. I can feel my stomach grumbling all day and I know I should be eating. After a week or 2 on meds, my friends can notice a drop in my weight. Any advice for this, whether different meds or a way to deal with this? Thanks

Old 08-22-2008, 07:01 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

addprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB User
Re: ADD meds that don't affect appetite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostrich View Post
If I take just one 10 mg dose in the morning, I won't feel like eating for the rest of the day, not even at the end of the day.
ostrich,

How long have you been taking 10mg?

Bob

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2008, 06:06 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB User

My daughter has minimal appetite suppression with Concerta. She still eats 3 good sized meals a day, plus snacks most days.

Old 08-23-2008, 01:20 PM   #4
(male)

ostrich HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by addprogrammer View Post
ostrich,

How long have you been taking 10mg?

Bob
On and off for a couple years

Old 10-13-2008, 09:58 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

LilliePup HB User

Concerta does not affect my appetite much at all. A smaller dose of Adderall really wacked me out and I had no appetite.

The Adderall made me itchy, anxious, paranoid, absolutely stoned, and I barely got 3-4 hrs of sleep.

So, they both affect me very differently. Everyone is different!

Closed Thread