It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2008, 03:12 PM   #1
(female)

Seratif5 HB User
Adderall refills with the doctor

I have a prescription for adderall and I have been taking it for 6 months or so for school. Now that I have graduated I realized I need it to take for studying state boards. I have never seen the doctor except for my initail appointment to get adderall. If I needed a refill I would call her office and her receptionist would give me the prescritption, but now she wont give me a prescription until I see her. Is there a law that says you have to re-evaluate a patient after being on adderall for a period of time or should I have seen her for every new prescription I recieved? I am extremely irritated about the situation and she won't give a reason of why she can't just give me another prescription with out her seeing me.

Old 08-27-2008, 06:13 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Adderall refills with the doctor

I don't know about law, but I think at the very least they want to check your blood pressure, make sure it isn't too high. Checking up on you every six months sounds reasonable to me.

Adderall is a controlled substance, meaning you can't just "call in" a refill. Some doctors make people come in every month for refills, luckily yours is one of the ones who will drop off or mail refills.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2008, 07:38 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

marisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB User
Re: Adderall refills with the doctor

actually, you should consider yourself lucky that you've managed to go six months without seeing the doctor again! most doctors will require a one month check up, then a three month check, and then a six month check.... after that, as long as you don't have any issues, then they usually let you go another six months to a year before another check up.

as the previous poster mentioned, adderall can cause high blood pressure, plus various heart problems, plus some people use it as a recreational drug.... so no, it's not unreasonable at all that your doctor would require another check up. i'm just surprised it hasn't been done sooner!

Closed Thread