It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2008, 11:09 AM   #1
(female)

caangelxox HB User
help! the meds I am taking is helping with mood and confidence, but not with thinking

what ingrediants am I missing? My mind is still wondering and day dreaming at random times. I also feel like I forget things easily and do things without thinking and realizing after I do it. In softball for example in slowpitch in one of the games, I was on first base and someone was on second. the next person got a single and I went to 2nd, other person went to 3rd. Then all of the sudden I saw that the other team was not on 3rd base and the ball was still in play. I just ran to 3rd base and then finally realizing that one of my teamates are on 3rd base, then I was out. I felt embarassed and I have no idea how that happened.

I am taking vitamins and also some mood/brain pills. It all helps me with my mood (putting me in a good mood, keeping me calm, no more feeling nervous, and feeling confident), but nothing has been changed for my thinking part of my brain (the most important part). and I still forget what I learn in school as well after I take the tests and such. Maybe not as much, but still do. I feel like my mind is always wondering and always want to day dream.

Vitamins that I am taking currently... (once a day)
Jarrows Formula B complex
NOW Foods C-500
Nature Made D with K and Calcium
NOW foods vitamin E 400IU
Jarrows Formula zinc with copper
NOW Foods magnesium 400
NOW Foods Lutein Esthers

current mood/brain pills I am taking... (twice a day for each)
Natural Factors RX Omega 3 Fish Oil (before I eat)
NOW Foods GABA (before I eat)
Jarrows Formula PS 100 and Doctors NOW Ginkgo together (half way during)
Doctors NOW L Cartitine NOW Foods L-Tyrosine together (almost done during)

I was also trying Flavay Plus ($87) for a few months. It works the same way somewhat better than the mood/brain pills I am taking with taking 4 pills a day, but it is too expensive per month. the other way is cheaper. <removed> I am also thinking about changing my vitamin D/calcium to a different brand because my knees have not stopped clicking yet.

What can help the thinking part of my brain? I know that seeing a psychiatrist won't help. They will probably just give prescriptions, which has a lot of side effects. It also probably cost a lot of money to even see one for one day. even talking to people and reading about how I cam help my thinking part of my brain, does not help. There is some indegrient that is missing and just talking about things and giving advice will not help. I tried that already.

Give me a list of ingredients to try and let me know which ones in order have been successful. This is not just affecting me with my sport, it is affecting my everyday life and college majoring in art. I am having trouble with creativity and ideas. I am visual, so if I see someone elses idea, it gives me ideas. I want to be able to do things on my own. There is nothing else I can major in because of my brain and math has stopped me from a lot of majors.

Last edited by mod-anon; 12-07-2008 at 11:14 AM. Reason: do not discuss online purchasing

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2008, 12:49 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

css1 HB User
Re: help! the meds I am taking is helping with mood and confidence, but not with thin

time

if you were happy with how your brain worked before, and now you are expereincing an episode of depression for the most part it takes time for the body too heal thyself

part of the disease, ie, devoid of ease, is that the mind is forcing too much and the body can't handle the stress anymore so it take sover, so the body to save itself takes control until the mind get's use too the fact that it is the problem, on a different time frame from reality and how things really work

what do they say, chillllllllllll babeeeeeee, take it easy, stuff like that

simple but true, figure out what is a reasonable time frame for you, and if u get there and things are still the same then re-evaluate, until then, imho, it is a time issue

Old 01-05-2009, 04:01 AM   #3
(male)

kumquatt HB User
Smile Re: help! the meds I am taking is helping with mood and confidence, but not with thin

I think you have a wonderful brain,Moon. You're able to keep track of many complicated things like winging scapulas and quad dominant transverse plane exercises. I don't think you need any brain food but if you think you do, try fish. good food for the brain.

Last edited by mod-anon; 01-05-2009 at 07:01 AM. Reason: Please use the Quick Reply button instead of Quote Reply.

Closed Thread