It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2009, 02:49 PM   #1
(male)

ghi891 HB User
Tyrosine and B6/VitC supplementing

When supplementing supplemental amounts of Tyrosine for the purpose of replenishing dopamine and norepinephrine monoamines, what amount of vitamin B6 and vitamin C should be used in respects to the amount of Tyrosine administrated?

B6(pyridoxal phosphate) works with Aromatic L-amino acid decarboxylase as a cofactor, which synthesizes L-DOPA to dopamine

Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) is used with dopamine beta hydroxylase as a cofactor, which synthesizes dopamine into Norepinephrine.

For example say you take 2g of tyrosine what amount of B6/VitC should be taken to utilize the full potential of that amino acid breakdown into neurotransmitters.

If you have any other advise please post.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2009, 04:19 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

addprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB User
Re: Tyrosine and B6/VitC supplementing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghi891 View Post
When supplementing supplemental amounts of Tyrosine for the purpose of replenishing dopamine and norepinephrine monoamines, what amount of vitamin B6 and vitamin C should be used in respects to the amount of Tyrosine administrated?
ghi,

I'm a tyrosine fan and I take B6 and C. I'll check with my pill admin (wife) now and get the doses for you.

Back: 2 or 3 g of L-tyrosine. B6 and C are part of a super duper multi-vit "Mega-Plan" containing B6 - 100 mg, C - 100 mg, plus all forms of vitamines A, B, C, D, and numerous minerals and weird stuff per horse pill. How many per day? Be right back.

Back: 1 mega pill and 1 plain C 1150 mg brings me to 1250 mg of C.
Totals: L-tyrosine 2 g; C 1250 mg; B6 100 mg;

I take 1200 mg of fish oil and I don't know what the heck else pill admin puts in AM feed trough and I'm not going back up stairs again to ask.

My wife's friend's mother owns a health nut store and is an expert on all the vitamins that will cure me. Someone is most definitely benefiting. But what about little ol me? The combination of tyrosine, 5-htp and tryptophan has a mild mood stabilizing effect on me.

In spite of my best efforts and all others with my best interests at heart, haven't be able to find a non-prescription attention/concentration improver, enhancer, more-of-it-er, NADA.

You tweak me. I will try your recommendations. Your logic makes sense.

Bob

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2009, 06:06 PM   #3
(male)

ghi891 HB User

hey thanks for the reply

just want to base those numbers your wife gave you about the vitC and B6 on some sort of actual data that has been tested. Seems like alot of vitamins to take just to synthesize some neurotransmitters, is she using a "fail safe" method or is there actual reason behind those vitamin mg numbers?

Old 03-23-2009, 06:27 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

addprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghi891 View Post
is she using a "fail safe" method or is there actual reason behind those vitamin mg numbers?
Yep, it's a fail safe method. Her quack friend's quack mother that own sthe health store "without fail" makes money. That is the actual reason too.

I pay it because I know there's validity out there somewhere. Afterall, the compounds in question do just what you stated. I've never found anyone who knows the numbers in real life.

No kidding, pill admin is calling. Later.

Bob

Old 03-23-2009, 06:46 PM   #5
(male)

ghi891 HB User

k thanks

Old 03-25-2009, 09:12 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

I got the numbers - sorta.

We can't mix tyrosine + B6 + C in a bowl and swallow norepinephrine. Brain's process does the "mixing." What if the process is buggy? No norepi.

Mild cases of ADHD - maybe. Severe - no cigar. No one has the numbers cuz there are no numbers.

I'm still popping the Vits just in case I'm wrong. They do no harm.

Bob

Closed Thread