It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2009, 09:27 AM   #1
(male)

BrainNeverStops HB User
Mixing Adderall and Ritalin

I have taken Adderall and I am currently taking Ritalin LA.
I liked the way I felt with Adderall but it didnt do much for my trouble focusing. I like the way Ritalin helps me consentrate and remember things.
I was wondering if anyone has taken the two together and if so, how did it work for you?
Currently I'm taking Ritalin LA 40mg a day but I feel Ritalin SR works better. Does anyone else feel SR works better than LA?

Last edited by BrainNeverStops; 06-09-2009 at 09:29 AM.

Old 06-09-2009, 12:10 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Mixing Adderall and Ritalin

I wouldn't mix them without a psychiatrist's approval. It's difficult to predict exactly what would happen. The effect might be simple addition, or they might "team up" and produce a stronger effect.

In what way do you like the effects of Adderall? What does it do for you that Ritalin doesn't.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2009, 11:13 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Thunor HB UserThunor HB UserThunor HB UserThunor HB UserThunor HB UserThunor HB UserThunor HB UserThunor HB UserThunor HB UserThunor HB User
Re: Mixing Adderall and Ritalin

I can't speak for the OP, but one thing I remember quite vividly about my time on Methylphenidate that Dextroamphetamine in all of its various forms did not provide was a working memory. On Ritalin, I wasn't nearly so absent-minded, and was actually able to remember dates and numbers and instructions very well.

I'm generally someone that can't look at a phone number or an address or whatever else then transcribe it 30 seconds later without having to look back at the original multiple times; on Methylphenidate though, I found myself able to transcribe strings of 9 numbers (the identification numbers used for every item in the warehouse I work at) easily and consistently without having to look back.

That's one of the main reasons I consider a return to Ritalin, it makes me functionally so much better. There are things it's less effective at, though, such as giving me the 'get up and go' and the 'no time like the present' attitude that I get from Dextroamphetamine.

*edit* All that said, it is possible that my dosing on one of the two meds was incorrect. We can't forget that dosing is just as important as finding the right med.

Last edited by Thunor; 06-10-2009 at 11:14 AM.

Closed Thread