It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2009, 06:27 AM   #1
(male)

TheCiscoKid78 HB User
Smile Adderall XR - How long in your system?

Greetings folk!

I've been taking Adderall XR for about 8 months now and have been slowly weaning myself off of it for the past few weeks. I decided to do this because I was becoming concerned of having to rely on it for the remainder of my life. It certainly was helping, but I've found that constant exercise has been a perfect replacement for me. It's a bit difficult to explain, but I just feel so much more focused when active.

I'm curious how long Adderall stays in your system? I know it's time released, but wasn't sure if anything lingers for a bit. Any "not fun" side effects I should be aware of?

Thanks for the help!

Last edited by TheCiscoKid78; 06-25-2009 at 08:38 AM.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:01 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

addprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB User
Re: Adderall XR - How long in your system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCiscoKid78 View Post
Greetings folk!

. . I've found that constant excursive has been a perfect replacement for me. It's a bit difficult to explain, but I just feel so much more focused when active.

Thanks for the help!
Cisco,

Can I assume "excursive" a typo for exercise?

I find it easy to understand if exercise. Exercise forces our brains to come up with the neuros we are short on. If, and how I so do wish, I could make a decent living with my butt out of this chair, I'll bet I could just say no to drugs too. I love the outdoors. Sunlight is another excellent neuro-booster. Nearly everyone in high latitudes get depressed every winter. Same folk can happily go with almost no sleep in the summer. Good stuff that sunlight is. Fake light sucks.

The pursuit of sedentary inside office jobs has got to be the most common mistake that the ADHD make. Must be for the prestige because nothing else makes sense. Hard to change course later in life, though, and still pay the bills, that is.

My experience: Adderall is gone the next day. However, after a few months, our brains get use to the extra kick in the same way they get use to AM coffee. Ever try to kick caffeine? I get a headache and feel lethargic for a few days to a week. When I kick Adderall, both headache and lethargy, are milder and last no longer than one day. The ease of Adderall withdrawal beats snot out of caffeine withdrawal.

Just dump the Adderall. You should beat what is often mistaken for withdrawal symptoms namely the return of ADHD symptoms. ADHD symptoms can be like Freddy Kruger. "He's back." He is a monster just not the withdrawal monster.

I envy you. Let me know how you do.

Bob

PS I never did succeed kicking caffeine. I'm done trying.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2009, 08:45 AM   #3
(male)

TheCiscoKid78 HB User

Thanks for the reply!

Haha yes, "exercise", is what I meant. Two pretty different words.

I’ve actually gone through caffeine withdrawal and successfully I might add. It was the best thing I've ever done! I had chills and headaches for weeks, seriously. It was awful.

It has been about 2 weeks since I've taken any Adderall, so I'm guessing the worst is over.

I'll know I'll be battling the concentration issue my entire life, but am heck bent on doing it on my own. The problem with me is that it wasn’t diagnosed until much later in life. I had been tested as a child, but the knowledge just wasn't there yet.

Cisco

Last edited by mod-anon; 06-25-2009 at 01:13 PM. Reason: removed quote

Old 06-25-2009, 11:02 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Thunor HB UserThunor HB UserThunor HB UserThunor HB UserThunor HB UserThunor HB UserThunor HB UserThunor HB UserThunor HB UserThunor HB User

Amphetamine has a very short half-life in the body. I can't promise that this information is 100% accurate, because I wasn't able to confirm it just now, but I've heard in the past that something like 97% of amphetamine is metabolized and excreted within 72 hours. Consensus seems to be that the rest is excreted within five to seven days.

I don't expect you should have to worry at this point, if you've been off the Adderall for 2 weeks.

Old 07-01-2009, 03:15 PM   #5
(female)

armyofone0508 HB User

It's 5 days.
Anxiety

Meds:
Adderall XR, 30mg/2x a day

My sweet baby boy was born: July 12, 2010
~*RJ*~

Closed Thread