It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2009, 06:29 PM   #1
(male)

ADDinSRQ HB User
What vitamins shoud I take with adderall IR to increase effect.

I switched from Adderall XR 30mg to Adderall IR by Sandos labs 20mg 2x daily. Adderall is still not lasting long enough, even with the two doses. I'm looking for some answers on how to make the IR last longer. I would like to know what type of vitamins/supplements I should take to increase the effect of the IR.

I just started taking it 3 days ago, and I'm also wondering if i need to wait for the IR to build up in my system to give it the maximum effect.

I'd also like to know how best to take the Adderall IR. The first IR looses its effect after about 3 1/2 hours to 4 hours and the second in about 2 1/2 to 3 hours, so I'm wondering if I should take the 2nd dose with in 30min of the first dose wearing off.

Old 10-08-2009, 10:45 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Thunor HB UserThunor HB UserThunor HB UserThunor HB UserThunor HB UserThunor HB UserThunor HB UserThunor HB UserThunor HB UserThunor HB User
Re: What vitamins shoud I take with adderall IR to increase effect.

Four hour efficacy is what you can expect from an instant release stimulant med. I don't believe that there is any way to extend this effect, as it's based on the amount of time it takes your body to metabolize the medication, and slowing your metabolism isn't generally something you want to do. Because an IR formulation will wear off after four hours, many of us take doses three times a day. In my case, I take Dexedrine at four hour intervals, 15mg at 8am, 15mg at noon and 10mg at 4pm.

Stimulant meds are supposed to work with full effect the first time you take them, but I find that in my own experience I get the best effects after several days of taking the medication regularly.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2009, 06:33 PM   #3
(female)

armyofone0508 HB User
Re: What vitamins shoud I take with adderall IR to increase effect.

seems like your body metabolises it fast, because IR is supposed to last SIX hours. ritalin is hte one that last four. no sweat. you should take an antacid before taking the adderall, and make sure not to not take it with any acidic. that makes less in your system and less to last longer. i take the XR twice a day, and I usually take my second dose the last hour before the other poops out (or i think it will). like, i took my first at 8am, then my second at 4pm. XR lasts only about 9 hours in mine instead of 12.
Anxiety

Meds:
Adderall XR, 30mg/2x a day

My sweet baby boy was born: July 12, 2010
~*RJ*~

Closed Thread