It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2010, 11:10 PM   #1
(male)

swoosh HB User
opinion wanted

I think I might have ADD. I go to the doctor on Friday. Im 32 now and never looked at symptons for ADD till recently and I fall in most categories. Here's my story

When I was in middle school I have always been severly ancy(sp). One time, I kept shaking my leg so fast I almost knocked some food off the lunch table not once but twice. I always shake my leg when Im sitting down etc and have done so since I was 9-10. In addition, I can't read anything without my attetion going 87 different ways. Reading takes me 4x as long as a normal person. I really lack concentration, in the 7th grade the teacher always asked me why I was in la la land all the time and today if anything its worst. For the big one, I can never relax. When im in a movie it takes me 30 minutes to lose my ancyness and these are movies I want to see. Every time im in a place like a movie, car ride, class etc where I know Im going to be there for a while the ancyness multiples by 10. Recently it got to the point where I would get so ancy I would start to hyperventilate. I don't know if its aniexty or add or something else but on the add checklist I meet over 75 percent of the requirements. What do you think? Is it something that sounds legit? thanks

Last edited by swoosh; 03-20-2010 at 11:12 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2010, 11:53 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User
Re: opinion wanted

Yes i think you are very smart to go to this appt to see if there is something they can do for you at the very least it will affirm what you suspect. Well done.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2010, 07:02 AM   #3
(male)

swoosh HB User

Thanks Ann. Havent been to the docs yet but I have an appointment, do you know what kind of tests will be done? Also, I know Ritalyn is a big drug for this if I took this do you know what that does to your body? thanks

Old 03-25-2010, 09:19 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

marisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB User

The way I was diagnosed was I went into a psychiatrist and said, "I think I have ADD." He asked me a few questions from a "Do you have ADD?" brochure he had on his desk and then said, "There's no sure way to diagnose ADD. If you think you have it, then you probably do." Then he put me on adderall and changed my life!

So my answer to you is, if you think you have it, then you probably do!

Good luck at your appointment!

Closed Thread