It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2010, 01:43 PM   #1
(female)

mmKay HB User
Adderall didn't work.. now what?

My psychiatrist told me to start out with 10 mg and then go to 20 to make sure I didn't get side effects. I took the 10 a few days and felt NOTHING.

The biggest problem for me was falling asleep anytime, anywhere. Sometimes I didn't even remember falling asleep, I'd just wake up like 45 mins later. I started taking the 20mg and it did help for this. I feel more awake, but still wouldn't say I actually ever feel "well-rested". (I get a full night's sleep).

I've been taking the 20 but it hasn't helped at ALL with focus/concentration or with paying attention in class. I'm in college and I hear about people all the time who buy this stuff just to study and about how amazing it is. So, I'm really disappointed that it didn't do anything for me.

I'm seeing my psychiatrist again next week so I was wondering if I should ask for something else? I know adderall is the strongest stimulant so if it didn't work I kinda feel like something else won't do much else. At least the adderall keeps me awake so I'd rather take it and be awake than to start taking something else that just doesn't help anything

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-21-2010, 07:29 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

jonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB User
Re: Adderall didn't work.. now what?

Ritalin, Dexadrine might be worth trying

Some people get good results from an old antidepressant called desimpramine

You can also push the dose you are taking much higher if need be

Dont give uo!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2010, 07:12 PM   #3
(female)

skier12345 HB User
Re: Adderall didn't work.. now what?

i also have adhd and concerta didnt work for me it heightened my paranoia and other pysch issues but i found focalin works really well its a dexamethylphenidate and its really helping me and if you think its not doing anything definately consult your pyschatrist.

Closed Thread