It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2002, 07:00 AM   #1
Veteran

rebecarooni HB User
Question metadate vs. adderall

My little guy was recently diagnosed ADHD (hyperactive) with borderline anxiety. He has been on Metadate CD 10mg for one week. It seems to be very inconsistent, having made an incredible difference on the first day and by yesterday (day six) it seemed as if he hadn't taken it at all. He hass been taking it every morning at the exact same time and has been following the same routine every day. I am wondering if I am having unrealistic expectations of how quickly this stuff will work for him or should I ask for something different when we do a med check with his Dr. tomorrow? Thanx

Old 04-17-2002, 04:45 PM   #2

rainbow32 HB User
Smile

i took Metadate CD for a couple of months for my ADHD (impulsive and hyperactivity) Started out on 20 mg (says 20 on capsule) and then after a month, went to 40 mg a day of it. i still had trouble focusing, temper tantrums, not finishing tasks, unmotivated, and saying impulsive comments. I feel that Metadate CD helped, but lasted NOT long enough for me. It only lasted about 7-8 hours for me. Concerta was then tried as well as short Ritalin. Concerta is much smoother than s.a. Ritalin! Supposed to last 10-12 hours, and usually does for children. i felt depressed and tired, though on the methylphenidate products. Now i take Adderall XR in morning, and regular Adderall in afternoon. It works much, much better for decreasing hyperactivity, no temper tantrums, getting motivated and not feeling impulsive, also, of course, sticking to ONE task at a time methodically. Also, my mood has improved a great deal. So, it is a frustrating process, but hopefully you'll get there sooner than later! i wish you and your son the best!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread