It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2001, 02:01 PM   #1

annod HB User
Question Do many people take Zoloft for ADD?

My son has ADD and I think I probably do also. I heard a couple of people mention that they used Zoloft to treat their ADHD. I was curious if it was an effective medicine for people. I have started taking it for other reasons and have noticed a little improvement on my staying on task. I tend do 100 things at once and never finish anything. Any imput would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Donna

Old 05-23-2001, 09:08 AM   #2

Isabelle HB User
I take Zoloft and Adderall for ADD.
I wasn't diagnosed until I was a junior in college, and then took adderall for a year, then started on Zoloft for depression. My doctor told me that it is helpful for ADD as well and I def. concur. Though, I still need to take Adderall daily.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2001, 10:53 AM   #3

ksomers HB User
Thumbs down

I have ADHD and was just recently put on Wellbutrin. I have been on zoloft. I was prescribed zoloft for depression. The only difference I saw was that I was calmer. After starting Wellbutrin it is very clear that the zoloft didn't make a big difference in ADHD. I am now tapering off the zoloft and starting Celexa. The zoloft really affected my sexual relationship....in a negative way. It is WONDERFUL for depression. There are too many alternatives out there that don't affect you sexually. This may not be a concern for you. To sum it up, I didn't feel that zoloft really helped my ADHD.

Old 12-19-2002, 02:37 PM   #4

lauralea HB User

Isabelle, I have just recently been diagnosed with having ADD (I'm 33). I began Adderall (10 mg's) 2 weeks or so ago, and saw some minor improvement. At my most recent visit (last week), my psychiatrist increased my Adderall to 20 mg's daily, and added Zoloft because I have major mood swings (frequent crying, irritation / anger) as well. I am curious to know how the two medications have affected you in regards to your ADD, and the side effects. So far I have really noticed little adverse reactions, although I have not been on either medication for a long time yet. I did experience a loss of appetite with the initial Adderall only medication, but have been disciplined in making sure I eat anyway, so it's not a major problem. My concern now is that the Zoloft will cause me to gain weight! I recently (before any of these meds at all) lost 25 pounds and am very happy with my current weight. I certainly do not want to gain. Did you?
Thanks!!
LauraLea

Quote:
Originally posted by Isabelle:
I take Zoloft and Adderall for ADD.
I wasn't diagnosed until I was a junior in college, and then took adderall for a year, then started on Zoloft for depression. My doctor told me that it is helpful for ADD as well and I def. concur. Though, I still need to take Adderall daily.

Closed Thread