It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2010, 09:12 AM   #1
(female)

motheringishard HB User
Question what to do next??

Two of my son's have been diagnosed with ADHD and possible other issues. We tried my 8 yr old on Strattera and after 2 anxiety attack or seizures(not sure which), the doctor said take him off and use strictly environmental changes for now. That was over a year ago. I have since gotten him an IEP for "other impaired health problem" since he did not test into a learning disorder. He is still struggling, more so recently. He told me that he can't remember anything the teacher tells him, can't focus and his grades are slipping. He wants us to help him! I am terrified to try meds. again but I know he is suffering in many ways due to his lack of focus. I am scheduling another appointment with the pediatrician to go over possible meds. I have researched until I am blue in the face and still can't figure out which medication is generally safest while still doing it's job. My son has a very slim build and I am worried about weight loss. Any help would be great!!

Old 10-18-2010, 02:56 PM   #2
(male)

RANDOL HB UserRANDOL HB UserRANDOL HB UserRANDOL HB User
Re: what to do next??

Hi I have a 6 year old son thats ADHD and he takes Conserta and takes Clonidine which is a bloodpresser med that helps him sleep at night but it will be changed to Strattera. I heard and read that Conserta and Strattera has worked fo alot children with ADHD and helped them focus a lil better but the funny thing is everyone is different and the meds work differently so test other med options and see what works for yall and wish you luck........

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2010, 11:18 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

marisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB User

What kind of foods do you give your son? Certain foods can exaggerate ADD symptoms.

Does your son get plenty of exercise and time outside in the sun?

What kind of sleep schedule does your son follow?

All these things can affect ADD.

Have you looked at a natural foods store for a natural/herbal remedy?

Old 10-21-2010, 12:27 PM   #4
(male)

RANDOL HB UserRANDOL HB UserRANDOL HB UserRANDOL HB User

For my son, he eats pasta's,bananna's,fruits,hamburger meat,chicken,hot dogs,potatoe's,different veriaty cereal's. He wont eat any veggie's,beans,brown or white rice or anything he identify as a veggie or anything he doesnt want to eat so its hard to get him to eat healthy foods we need him to eat so his mother and I give him daily vitimins to help along. He gets alot of outside supervised time now because of his no fear additude to jump of high area's and at school as well,other than that we havent seen any srange effects from the sun with his meds. As far as my son's Dr. says he is getting what he needs so far lol. To also update on meds. he is now taking 54mgs of Conserta and still is taking his Clonidine,Dr. wouldnt take the recomendation of giving him Strattera,he was kind-of a jurk about it but oh well. thanks yall

Last edited by RANDOL; 10-21-2010 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Adding info

Closed Thread