It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2010, 11:07 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

Tren HB User
Really need an SSRI. But which one? Please help.

I take Vyvanse because I have slight ADD and Anhedonia. Vyvanse takes care of the low dopamine problem I have. But it turns out that I also need an SSRI. But which one can I take WITHOUT the SSRI "blocking" Vyvanses dopamine effects?

I used to be on Lexapro. And when I first started using Vyvanse. All I felt was lots of energy. But no dopamine increase. Only when I came OFF the Lexapro is when I would feel Vyvanses full dopamine effects.

So I've been off Lexapro now for months. But my mood swings a lot. And I need an SSRI. Problem is which one?

I decided to give Zoloft a try. As some people say that zoloft won't interfere with vyvanse. However! I've been on Zoloft at 50mgs for only 3 days. And the whole three days that I've been ON zoloft. I have NOT felt my vyvanse at all!
I simply do NOT feel the dopamine. I'm all scattered around the place. I don't know what to start. Where to begin. I have no interest in anything. And I don't have a libido. It's obvious that the zoloft is blocking Vyvanse.

Now what? Please...someone help me. What do I do? I'm stuck between having to pick a life of either having ADD and Anhedonia.

Or a life of mood swings and disturbed thoughts.

Old 10-21-2010, 02:20 PM   #2
(female)

WanderingAround HB UserWanderingAround HB UserWanderingAround HB User
Re: Really need an SSRI. But which one? Please help.

Prozac helped me so much; it evened me right out and helped bring me out of the fog of depression.

But, according to a drug interaction checker you shouldn't take these two together.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread