It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2010, 03:08 AM   #1
(male)

Llewellyn HB User
Concerta vs Anxiety

Hi Everyone.

Anyone that may suffer with GAD may find this useful, or atleast save some money.

I went to see a Psychiatrist for the first time on Monday, told him exactly my situation, i have GAD for about 4 years, i have all the symtoms of severe anxiety, he then followed with questions about how i was in school etc, so i told him the truth, i was disruptive, lacked concentration, and basically had low self confidence, so then he came to a conclusion, that i may have ADD with which i did agree, because of the concentration part, but the medication he had put me on, has made me get suicidal thoughts, extreme nervousness, and more then hightened anxiety, so quite frankly, anyone that is considering taking meds, please if you do not have medical aid, do not just take the medication without researching it first, i was loosing hope, so i was desperate to get sorted out, but i will not trust another doctor with medication.

Becuase ultimately, you know how you feel, and medication that you may feel could work for you, would possibly work, most of these doctors, want you coming back, to give an anxiety sufferer medication like this, from just talking to them for half an hour, is completely wrong.

An exclusion from Concerta is severe anxiety, and it gives symtoms like complete nervousness, insomnia, and depression.

If anyone can give me info on Anxiolytic medication, i'd appreciate it, because anti depressants do not help me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-20-2010, 07:24 PM   #2
(female)

WanderingAround HB UserWanderingAround HB UserWanderingAround HB User
Re: Concerta vs Anxiety

Unfortunately I can't help with Anxiolytic medication, but I do know that your doctor is a dolt for giving someone with GAD a stimulant, even a mild one like Concerta. The side effects that you listed are not good to have (as you probably know...) and it's quite imperative that you switch medications, and possibly doctors.

I was prescribed Adderall for ADHD after a one-hour consult with a psychologist. That's not the way to prescribe Adderall. Fortunately for me, the medication actually helps.

Best of luck to you, anxiety is awful.
__

EDIT: I do know that everyone is different, but my mom started taking celexa for her depression/anxiety and she is SOOO much better now. Just a note.

Last edited by WanderingAround; 10-20-2010 at 07:26 PM.

Old 10-21-2010, 01:50 PM   #3
(male)

RANDOL HB UserRANDOL HB UserRANDOL HB UserRANDOL HB User
Re: Concerta vs Anxiety

I will admitt that when my son took his first 54mgs of Conserta he didnt sleep much that first night but since then he has been sleeping the night thru and also the aid of his Clonidine he takes 30 mins before bed. No visible side effects at this time.

Closed Thread