Hey guys. I have done my fair bit of "research" (i.e. - googling stuff) on Adderall, ADD/ADHD and amphetamines, but I have some questions that google can't answer.
If you can, your input is appreciated!
My dosage: 20mg IR 2x/day or as needed
1. Does Adderall work differently for you guys one some days, even if the dose is the same? I noticed that some days I will even get a little of that amphetamine high, some days I won't get it, and some days I'm just more sensitive to mine and others emotions - like, I'm not sad, but all my emotions are amplified. I know it sounds drastic but this doesn't happen all
the time. But it does occur, so I thought to ask if it happens to anyone else.
2. Ok. I have ADHD and I take my mecidine as prescribed
(ok, sometimes I'll take an extra 10mg on an exam day...). Anyway, is there a way to make IR stop
working at the end of the day? I'm still wired by 10-12pm usually, and I would like to be asleep before midnight. I never take my last dose after 2pm. I tried benadryl last night and it worked but I had to take 4 pills which is no good.
3. Disclaimer - I am not trying to get high. Is there a way to make the medication more effective without taking more? I've been adding a caffienated drink into my afternoon which seems to help me through that last bit of homework. But of course, then comes the lack of sleeping at night. Oh, also, does caffeine give any of you the "jitters" or a faster pulse? I just had a dr. pepper and I'm a touch shaky, but caffeine has always had odd effects on me.
4. Have you noticed that any medications or foods make your Adderall work better or worse? How long before/after you eat do you wait to take your meds? I stop eating an hour before and an hour after, generally. Seems to be fine.
5. I thought of another question. If you increase your dose and it's making your brain work the same as the lower dose used to (tolerance), is the physical strain on your body the same or does that adapt, too?
I'm sure I've got a ton more questions. But if you bothered to read that, and reply, I send many thanks to you!
Any topic relating to any of the things above mentioned are welcome discussions.