It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2010, 11:25 AM   #1
(male)

ADDinSRQ HB User
Ampheta-restore. Anyone tried it?

I've been reading a lot about this stuff called Ampheta-restore. It's supposed to reverse tolerance and make the medicine work better. I've been reading some other forums and I've seen some long time posters say good things about it. On the other hand, I've seen a lot of people register that same day to post about it (possible marketers?). Also, on there website they have a recommendation by this Dr. Frank guy from Nashville who recommends it. I googled him, he's a alleged felon and an alleged wife beater. Needless to say I have have mixed feelings, some of the posts about it seem legitimate, others seem fake.

I'm looking for a response from some one that has actually tried it, preferably some on that did not register today just to post here (marketers do that). I'm not looking for speculations on how fake it may or may not be, but some ones actual experience.

Old 11-22-2010, 05:58 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

addprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB User
Re: Ampheta-restore. Anyone tried it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADDinSRQ View Post
Also, on there website they have a recommendation by this Dr. Frank guy from Nashville who recommends it. I googled him, he's a alleged felon and an alleged wife beater.
ADDinSQL,

That website says it all, eh?

Bob

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2010, 07:16 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Thunor HB UserThunor HB UserThunor HB UserThunor HB UserThunor HB UserThunor HB UserThunor HB UserThunor HB UserThunor HB UserThunor HB User
Re: Ampheta-restore. Anyone tried it?

It's just vitamins and amino acids. Assuming it's manufactured in a safe manner, it shouldn't do you any harm, though it's unlikely to do you more good than taking a multivitamin with a protein shake. Unless, of course, one or more are to be found at toxic levels, they don't publish amounts on the website.

*edit* I failed to mention the 'bovine adrenal tissue.'

The point of this 'supplement' seems to be treatment of 'adrenal fatigue,' apparently a condition that isn't recognized by mainstream medicine. Assuming that enzymatic depletion is the cause of amphetamine tolerance, and assuming that humans can absorb and use the enzymes found in the bovine adrenal glands when taken orally (neither of which, to my knowledge, have been established), this supplement may make sense in that you're providing your system with the building blocks of dopamine (dopamine is synthesized from L-Tyrosine, norepinephrine from dopamine). One would assume then that by providing these building blocks, you're giving your body the potential to produce more of the aforementioned neurotransmitters.

The problems start though, in my opinion, with the fact that once you remove the building blocks leading to your increased supply of dopamine (by discontinuing the supplement), you will lose the enhanced level of dopamine. Thus, assuming this supplement works, it's something you would have to take continuously to maintain the effect. Very much like the dilemma we already face in taking amphetamine in the first place.

I've often seen reports in the past of people claiming good effects by supplementing L-Tyrosine, and I suspect that it's more the amino acids than the 'adrenal tissue' that is making people claim good effect. In addition, the posts I read on the various boards about the web claimed that their amphetamines felt more effective once they started the supplement, which can be more easily explained by the additional L-Tyrosine than by the rehabilitation of one's adrenal glands.

Overall, there are far too many unproven assumptions in there for my taste. My original assessment of 'likely safe, but probably of dubious value' persists, unless you subscribe to the fear of Mad Cow disease I saw listed as a possible side effect of bovine adrenal tissue. I wouldn't worry too much about that one, but the point is well made that without governmental oversight, the safety of the sampling and manufacturing process cannot be guaranteed.

Last edited by Thunor; 11-22-2010 at 08:25 PM.

Closed Thread