It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2011, 10:07 AM   #16
Senior Veteran
(male)

addprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB User
Re: Adderall is hell for him any other suggestions? Vyvance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by janewhite1 View Post
Still, skipping meals can cause drops in blood sugar, which is bad for ADHD. On the days when he has to take it, he should at least try to eat a good breakfast before the drug take effect. Aim for one with protein and fiber rather than too much sugar.
I've learned to use food types to my benefit. For instanace, OJ in the AM is deadly poison for me, "deadly" as in brain dead, ADHD symptoms out of control, shortly after ingestion. OJ in the PM works well for me. PM-OJ is sedative, sleep inducing and helps metabolize out any Adderall left at work in me. I also take 2mg of Guanfacine (Intuniv) in the evening, and finally, after years of ADHD rebound misery and insomnia, I'm cured!!!!!

I'll let the girls illustrate the many other ways food can be used to your benefit.

Bob

The Following User Says Thank You to addprogrammer For This Useful Post:
ncflyguy (04-29-2012)
Old 02-16-2011, 10:21 AM   #17
(female)

katxed HB User

Oh wow for him its quite to opposite. He loves Sunny D, which is fake orange juice basically but with all the vitamin C. He says that when he drinks that before work (6am) he tends to have a better day. I was kind of skeptical of this but maybe it really does affect something and its not just that he loves the stuff or a coincidence. Surprisingly he doesn't drink a lot of it though, a few glasses a day but that's nothing if you look at his eating habits. We are thinking now about trying out a daily multi-vitamin to see if that affects his hunger at all since he tends to gravitate toward the same types of food.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2011, 01:26 PM   #18
Senior Veteran
(male)

addprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB User

Katxed,

Vit-C (acsorbic acid) is highly acidic. It attenuates Adderall's action by speeding up its excretion. The reason you bf loves fake juice in the AM, is his body hates Adderall.

Old 02-16-2011, 01:33 PM   #19
Senior Veteran
(male)

Katxed,

Vit-C (acsorbic acid) is highly acidic. It attenuates Adderall's action by speeding up its excretion. A possible, perhaps probable, reason you bf loves fake juice in the AM, is his body hates very real Adderall.

Make sure his new shrink gets all the poop on how your bf is responding to Adderall.

Bob

Old 02-17-2011, 10:53 AM   #20
Senior Veteran
(male)

Thunor HB UserThunor HB UserThunor HB UserThunor HB UserThunor HB UserThunor HB UserThunor HB UserThunor HB UserThunor HB UserThunor HB User

Excess acidity from the diet can be a real problem in a variety of ways, including loss of efficacy from Adderall. A multivitamin is a very good idea, no matter how he eats. Consider, too, a calcium supplement, as your body uses calcium to neutralize excess acidity, and if there isn't sufficient free calcium available, the body will pull it from the bones.

Old 02-26-2011, 06:26 PM   #21
(female)

TammTamm HB User

I take Vyvanse works better than adderall not as stimulating for lack of better words.

Closed Thread