It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2011, 02:57 PM   #1
(male)

tennisnerd HB User
Adderall Effects -- BP, Pulse, Dry Skin

Hey, guys,

I'm new to this board and am looking for a bit of advice.

I'm a 20yo male, and probably don't have the most healthy life ever: I smoke decently heavily (working on stopping that) and, you know, drinking is fun. I've been on Addy for about 2 months now. In addition, I also have clinical depression with a side of sometimes severe anxiety.

When my doctor prescribed me adderall, I began to notice an increase in pulse -- somewhere at or north of 100 -- and my BP was also quite high: 140/85+. (I've since bought a monitor). Also, Adderall gives me rather significant underarm sweating, to put it nicely. Finally, when I take the pill, even when trying to keep food/water consumption stable, I notice that my skin gets red/blueish, particularly on my legs.

Right now, I'm working with an internist to see what's causing the BP to be high. It may have always been that way and I've never noticed, or it could just be me: I used to be quite fit, and I'm not so much at all anymore.

I was wondering if anyone's had any experiences like I've had.

Thanks in advance,

tennisnerd

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2011, 03:26 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Adderall Effects -- BP, Pulse, Dry Skin

Adderall can definitely cause increased pulse and blood pressure. At one point, I was actually taking a small dose of beta blocker with my Adderall to keep my pulse from racing too much.

Then I decided I didn't need the Adderall badly enough to want 2 medicines every day.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2011, 03:28 PM   #3
(male)

tennisnerd HB User

So nothing to be too concerned with? I'm not talking that much addy: 10mgs is plenty. Normally take 1.5 5mgs.

Old 03-28-2011, 03:42 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

Depends how high it gets. The pulse and BP you mention are right on the edge of where doctors usually get concerned.

See what happens. You might have to stop taking the Adderall, you might not.

Old 03-28-2011, 08:00 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

addprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB User

tennisnerd,

Quit the boozing and the smokes. You may not need the speed.

Bob

Closed Thread