It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2011, 12:28 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

himmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB User
Question From Vyvance to Ritalin XR??????

I was taking Vyvance @ 30mgs for Adhd, I am a 44 year old female other wise healthy..LOL.........

I was taken off Vyvanse for I don't have heath insurance and the dr said we will "TRY" Ritalin XR for it comes in a generic and that will help with the cost.

My concern is I will taking 20mgs. in the AM and wondered will this work as good or if not better then Vyvanse? For anyone that has taken this as a adult, could you fill me in? Please.......

Vyvanse was good, but very $$$$ when you do not have health insurance @ this moment.

Please advise on your experience, I would greatly appreciate it.........

Thank you all, KINDLY...........

Old 04-06-2011, 10:02 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

CharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB User
Re: From Vyvance to Ritalin XR??????

You know how I feel about the Vynanse but I was on Ritalin in my youth and I am 57 now. If you are just being diagnosed, it may be of some help to you. Cost of meds is a major factor.

CharBerry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2011, 10:44 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

himmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB User

CharBerry, I forget...........you did not like the Vyvanse? OR did you have a bad reaction to it?

And did Ritalin work OK For you? I have not got my RX filled they are OUT of the Ritalin XR?

Old 04-06-2011, 11:17 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

CharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB User

I took Ritalin in my youth and guess it was alright. I didn't know any better back then. LOL. I'm not happy with 70 mg. of Vyvanse. I'd be fine if I could take 2. LOL. It doesn't seem to last long enough and I'm tired by mid afternoon. I was used to taking Dex Spans thru out the day and that worked much better for me. This seems to make me sort of shaky and by the time I can really start to focus and do things in order...it's wearing off. I'm hoping my body will adjust. It's the pits not to be able to feel "normal."

Old 04-06-2011, 02:43 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Yes it does.................

Old 04-09-2011, 07:39 PM   #6
(male)

etsnyder HB User

I presently am on a generic Ritalin called Methilin. It is not the extended version but cost wise is about a penny on a dollar. Works well for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to etsnyder For This Useful Post:
himmylover (04-10-2011)
Old 04-09-2011, 07:43 PM   #7
(male)

etsnyder HB User

I found that also. It is interesting how pharmacies can just run out of a medication like that.

Old 04-10-2011, 05:50 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thank you. No side effects like weight gain or aggregation? I will be starting mine today.....
Thank you!

Old 04-11-2011, 12:10 AM   #9
(male)

etsnyder HB User

Ritalin wich I presently am on has been around for about a 1/2 century. Originally it was prescribed for weight loss. The housewives really liked it because not only did they loose weight, but the house work became effortless. So says mom @ 85 years.

Last edited by etsnyder; 04-11-2011 at 12:12 AM. Reason: change wording

Old 04-11-2011, 05:41 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Very interesting............

Old 04-11-2011, 11:38 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

That is true and one of the reasons I found that I still needed ADD meds. I took "diet pills" in high school to lose wt and noticed that I wrote better papers, studied more and my grades went up!

Old 04-11-2011, 02:25 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(male)

addprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB User

Donna,

Just want you to know that I read all of your posts and am so frustrated because I am powerless to help you.

It is unconsciousable that we have to put up with 4th world medical help -- or less.

Bob

Old 04-11-2011, 03:04 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bob,

Don't you feel that way. You have always been good to me and have the best advise..........keep going forward, all we can doooo, right?

Thank you for just being a friend......

The following user gives a hug of support to himmylover:
addprogrammer (04-11-2011)
Old 04-11-2011, 04:53 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bob, you have been a good friend to all of us! Don't stop now, please. We all learn from each other every day!

Old 04-12-2011, 04:52 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

I will tell you this Bob..........you have given me so much knowledge and words of wisdom I don't frankly know what I would of done without you, and everyone on this board. WE ALL need someone to lean on.........goodness know's I DO!

Some people you feel like you have know forever, and Bob you are one of them and I am grateful ...........

One day I will get to flying right.............maybe..........LOL.... ...

Closed Thread