It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2003, 09:32 AM   #1

willinardo HB User
Question Adderall: take on an empty or full stomach?

When is it better to take my meds, with or without a full stomach? - Thanks.

[This message has been edited by willinardo (edited 04-28-2003).]

Old 06-08-2004, 08:37 PM   #2

tri_lingual_one HB User
Re: Adderall: take on an empty or full stomach?

I would say to take Adderal on a full stomach. Not that it will mess you up if you take it on an empty stomach. However in my case Adderal supresses my appetite and I wont have the desire to eat for hours and hours. If I didn't start out with a full stomach I'll tend to overeat once it wears off.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-18-2004, 08:47 AM   #3
(female)

Vintage Wine HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri_lingual_one
I would say to take Adderal on a full stomach. Not that it will mess you up if you take it on an empty stomach. However in my case Adderal supresses my appetite and I wont have the desire to eat for hours and hours. If I didn't start out with a full stomach I'll tend to overeat once it wears off.
Me too. I always take it with meals. On an empty stomach, it kicks in so hard and fast and then I'm not hungry, get busy focusing on something and then when I do eat, there's the major crash.

So, I would recommend taking it on a full stomach to keep your appetite healthy.

Last edited by Vintage Wine; 06-18-2004 at 08:48 AM.

Old 06-18-2004, 05:41 PM   #4
Inactive

bearboy HB User

It definatley does take away your appetite. I take mine one four times a day (if im working) or two twice a day if i'm not because the XR just stopped working after a while, even with a 10mg dose in the afternoon. I am a food server in a restaurant and work with food under my nose all day. I usually never want to eat anything even on my break. I do find myself with a very strange insatiable thirst for diet coke. Not even counting the diet soda i drink at work I probably drink around a 12-pack or 4liters a day..I guess this isnt too good either. If i try to eat after I have taken the adderall i generally feel yucky and sick to my stomach after only a few bites. So by 8 or 9 at night, a few hours after the last dose, I want to eat everything under the sun before bed. No good. bah.

Closed Thread