It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2011, 05:30 PM   #1
(female)

motracyd HB User
Is it more than just ADHD

I have a 12 yr old daughter who was diagnosed with ADHD in the first grade. She has been on a series of different medications (many made it worse). She is currently taking Daytranna 30mg, which works part of the time, but over the last couple of years I am finding more and more disturbing things out. I find things in her room that she has cut (clothes, pillow cases); recently, she was "bored" and took a butcher knife to my kitchen counter and left gauges all along the edges. She says things that are so off the wall that it just makes me wonder what is going on inside her head. She is becoming more defiant and mean to her siblings.

She has absolutely no friends at school; no one wants to be her friend. There is a couple of girls that "let her hang out with them" but they are bad news in my mind (12-13 yr old girls who are having sex and drinking) ... I do not allow them in my house, but I can't prevent it at school.

I don't know what to do anymore. My marriage is about over because of her behaviors. Her step-father refuses to believe that there is anything wrong with her brain, she is just a "bad kid".

She is going back to the doctor this thursday. I have made list of things that are still going on, but I am wondering if they could test her for anything else. Any suggestions?? anything I should bring up with her doctor?

Old 08-01-2011, 07:55 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Is it more than just ADHD

Check into Oppositional Defiant Disorder. If that's what's going on, she needs skilled intervention as soon as possible.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread