It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2011, 09:40 AM   #1
(female)

ktp143 HB User
has anyone experienced this...

Hello everyone, I recently went back on my adhd medication after being off of meds for the duration of my pregnancy. I used to take 30mg of adderral xr twice a day. It worked very well for me and I did not experience any side effects. My Dr recently prescribed me adderal xr 20 mg twice daily. The pharmacy gave me amphetamines salts er and believe I am experiencing very negative side effects. I've been having horrible headaches, feelingfuzzy in the head, very tired, irritablw, and total lack of focus! I'm so confused as to why this is happening. Is it because it is generic? Is there a difference between the adderal xr, amphetamine salts, or amphetamine salt combo? Thank you for your insight.

Old 09-18-2011, 11:41 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

addprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB User
Re: has anyone experienced this...

ktp143,

It is NOT at all uncommon to experience negative side-effects from generic meds not experienced from brand name.

Regardless of what any doctor or pharmacist may tell you, there is a difference between brand and generic. Our CNS is most likely to sense the diff.

Bob

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread