It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2003, 01:39 PM   #1

oceanchic HB User
Question Strattera & Adderall Combined?

I was just wondering if anyone has taken a combination of Adderall & Strattera, my doctor just upped my dose of Adderall from 20mg a day to 40mg and started me on 40 mg of Strattera, soon to be 60mg. I am 23 and have been on medication for ADD since i was 13. I have been reading this message board and so far I have not seen anything about these 2 meds combined. Just curious if I am the only one?

Old 07-29-2003, 03:49 PM   #2

crillmom HB User
My son has combined them both and has had really good results. My Dr. wants him to try straterra alone because he is not comfortable with mixing strat with stim long term. Anyway He is on 35 mg of straterra and 10 xr of aderral and it helps the rebound of adderal much smoother and helps with the impulsivity he still exhibits on straterra

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2003, 09:00 AM   #3

hopee HB User
My doctor said that, yes, they do combine the two quite often. However, the drug companies don't want to advertise this fact because they(mainly strattera makers) want the corner on the ADD market. He said his patients that have been on stims don't like strattera. His patients that have never been on stims do like strattera. He now starts all his new ADD patients on strattera, but for his old patients, he simply adds strattera to the stims thy're already on.

Old 07-30-2003, 01:10 PM   #4
(female)

jboon HB User
My son is on 40 mg of Strattera with 10 mg of Ritalin/day. When school starts he will either add a second dose of Ritalin or use a low dose of Concerta with the Strattera. He's never been on Adderall, that's why he isn't using Adderall with the Strattera. As the other person said, the Strattera seems to eliminate the rebound effect when the Ritalin wears off. Also, the Strattera helps my son's eating, sleeping, and anxiety. And once the Ritalin wears off, he's fine just having the Strattera still in him. The Strattera doesn't seem to help his focusing; that's why he also takes the stimulant.

Closed Thread