It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2011, 02:06 PM   #1
(male)

addventurous HB Useraddventurous HB Useraddventurous HB Useraddventurous HB User
Question ADHD newbie + Adderall IR

Hello everyone,
I'm newly diagnosed with ADHD inattentive / obsessive and have been taking Adderall for about 2 weeks now after not having any luck with Ritalin. What a difference it initially made! I started out on 10 mg in the morning and 10 mg in the early afternoon. When that stopped having an effect I bumped up to 20 mg in the morning and 20 mg in the afternoon. Because of some personal concerns over my health my consumption became sporadic for several days, sometimes 20 mg a dail and other times 40 mg. I'm sure this threw my body off. Yesterday I took 10 mg at 7:00 AM and then 10 mg at 9:00. I then took 20 mg at 2:00 PM and got a terrible headache. Because I didn't want to repeat that today I decided to do 4 x 10 mg doses through the morning and early afternoon. Today's experiment was a miserable flop. I felt very little, and I hope I haven't just trained my body to ignore 40 mg by giving it a little at a time.

I've got a call into my doctor about my dosage. If I don't hear from him today I'm going to go back to 20 mg in the morning and 20 mg in the early afternoon tomorrow and see where that takes me. I hope it doesn't give me another blazing headache. I've read about others who consume a higher total each day, but I'd like to hear what my doctor says about that first.

I don't understand this whole thing about my body getting used to Adderall so it takes more to achieve the same results as time goes on. Does that mean I'll be on this ADHD medication balance beam / roller coaster the rest of my life? It would be nice to come to some kind of consistent schedule and dosage. What I do know is this: when the Adderall is working I feel like a completely different and alive person, and when it's not everything takes 1000% more energy to do.

Thanks for listening. This is my first post in this board so I mainly just wanted to get my foot in the door.

Aaron

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread