It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2011, 06:15 PM   #1
(male)

addventurous HB Useraddventurous HB Useraddventurous HB Useraddventurous HB User
Lightbulb ADHD newbie + Adderall IR

Hello everyone,
I was recently diagnosed with ADHD inattentive. I started out trying Ritalin, but it did very little for me. It was in and out of my system so quickly I almost didn't know it. From there I moved on the Adderall IR starting about 2 weeks ago. I could tell a huge difference between it and Ritalin. I'd never felt so alive and different in my life. I felt like I had crawled into a normal person's mind if that makes any sense. Work and home were both completely different experiences for me, like nothing I'd ever known before. I always wondered how people did all the things they did, and now I know.

Currently I'm trying to get my dosage figured out. It's pretty tricky. I started out on 10 mg in the morning and at noon. That worked great for the first 2-3 days, but then my body got used to it, and I moved up to 20 mg in the morning and at noon for a few days. Then I did something stupid. I got all dramatic about my blood pressure and embarked on an inconsistent daily dosage for the next week. I'm sure that sent all kinds of mixed messages to my body. My concern about my blood pressure has since been abated since speaking with my cardiologist's nurse, and now I'm trying to get back on a dosage and schedule that works. Yesterday I did a 10 mg dose at 7:00 AM, another 10 mg dose at 9:00 AM, and a 20 mg dose at 1:00 PM. About 1:30 a really bad headache came on and didn't leave until about 6:30 in the evening.

I slept horribly last night, and today I tried 4 x 10 mg pills spread throughout the morning and early afternoon because I was afraid of getting another bad headache. All that did was send me on a roller coaster ride, and the Adderall never really "stuck". Tonight I can feel it working in my system. I still have a little headache, but that could be because I'm slowly weaning myself off caffeine and accidentally didn't have my 1/2 cup of coffee this afternoon.

I know, I'm making this a real mess. It's not intentional. I'm trying to be smart about it, but I don't think I'm succeeding. I put in a call to my doctor today, and I'm hoping to be able to talk with him about it sometime tomorrow. Otherwise I'm going to go back to my 20 mg at 8:00 AM and 20 mg at noon schedule and see how that goes. I hope I don't get another headache because it really sucked.

I'm not looking for any advice per se. I mainly wanted to put myself out on the message boards and say hello.

Aaron

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2011, 05:33 PM   #2
(male)

Toby706 HB UserToby706 HB User
Re: ADHD newbie + Adderall IR

Hi! I was diagnosed a year ago and have been on IR Adderall the whole time. I am not really liking it much anymore because of the heavy sweating I get with it. I was told to eliminate caffeine daily-but I love coffee. I am going back to my doctor to discuss other options. I do believe Adderall is a lifesaver, but I can't tolerate the nasty sweating side effect.

Closed Thread