It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2011, 05:43 PM   #1
(male)

addventurous HB Useraddventurous HB Useraddventurous HB Useraddventurous HB User
Adderall IR and headaches

I'm in a tough spot. I love Adderall IR and at the same time I hate it because it gives me bad headaches almost every day. As of Sunday I was 100% caffeine free. Today I lowered my dosage from 15 mg twice a day to 10 mg twice a day and took both doses with a meal (8:00 AM and 12:30 PM). I was fine until about 2:15 PM when I felt a very slight headache. It stayed slight until around 7:30 tonight when it seemed to escalate. It must be my body coming down off the Adderall. I've been on Adderall for about a month now. The headaches started about 2 weeks ago and have occurred most days. I've been taking Tylenol to help, but it's getting old.

I've read all over the web about things to do like drink lots of water and eat well. I'm doing both, and it's getting old because it doesn't seem to help and I'm going to the bathroom every 30 minutes it seems. Someone mentioned drinking Smart Water instead since it has electrolytes. I'm going to give that a go tomorrow and see if it makes a difference. I'm also going to go back to 15 mg because 10 mg just doesn't do it for me. It wears off too soon.

I'm hopeful that the headaches will go away in time, but it's been two weeks now. I've been consistent with the Adderall for only a week though, so maybe that plays into it. If nothing works I'll probably pay a visit to my doctor next week and see about trying Vyvanse or Adderall XR. It seems that this stimulant ADD medication is all about experimentation and getting just the right dose, so I'm going to be patient. I am, however, extremely tired of getting headaches, and so is my wife who doesn't believe I should be taking the stuff anyway. But she has no idea what it's like to live with ADHD. I didn't either until I learned only recently what it was like to live without it thanks to modern medicine.

Aaron

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread