It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2011, 11:36 AM   #1
(female)

sassymartini HB User
Arrow Tollerance to Medication

Does anyone else feel that after a few months of taking ADD medication that they become tolerant to it, making it not effective anymore? I feel like I switch meds 2-3 times a year and no matter what I am on this happens. I move up to the max dose even. What can I do? Any OTC supplements to add to them or is it just my body? Any advice is appreciated.

Old 11-06-2011, 01:17 PM   #2
(female)

brew2lose HB User
Re: Tollerance to Medication

I started on Vyvanse just 2 weeks ago, and I feel like it worked better the first week than it has been working the past few days. I see my doctor next week and I might still be adjusting to it. Some days is seems to work entirely different than others so I have begun to log what time I take it, what I eat, and when I feel it wearing off. Will let you know!
My daughter, 22, has been on ADHD meds for 3 years and her doctor also switches her from time to time, which seems to be a fairly common [ractice.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-08-2011, 09:58 AM   #3
(male)

addventurous HB Useraddventurous HB Useraddventurous HB Useraddventurous HB User
Re: Tollerance to Medication

I'm wondering the same thing about tolerance. I've been on Adderall for most of the last 6 weeks. I started getting headaches about the third or fourth week and pushed my way through them so that I don't get them any more. I haven't had one since last Friday night. Ironically it seems that the medication stopped working as well about the time the headaches went away.

My problem is I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be looking for. Sure, there's the euphoric feeling which I describe more as "feeling normal" than anything else. I still get that some, but it's not as strong and doesn't last near as long. Afterwards I feel more spacey than anything else. I certainly don't feel like myself, and my level of concentration is definitely diminished.

Why can't ADHD medicine be like Lipitor? You take it and it works. End of story. With ADHD meds I feel like I'm a drug addict of sorts trying to do what it takes to maintain my feelings of normalcy while my brain and body fight against me.

Aaron

Closed Thread