It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2011, 07:30 PM   #1
(female)

doodoobrain HB User
Any other ADD-ers in Law School...?

i have no idea how i got this far in life. sometimes, i get so mad at myself

anyway. so here i am in my third year of school. i thought school could "fix me" but i have been consistently late for class--even my exams. and i can't seem to keep track of assignments. i am constantly daydreaming in class and feel stupid.

i know i can't be stupid. i scored within the 96%ile on the LSATs and came to school on a scholarship... which i lost after my first year. i managed to stick it out two years but am nevertheless getting terrible grades and currently on probation... on the brink of getting kicked out.

being careless, forgetful, and generally incapable of making myself do things i find "boring," i realize law school was a mistake. but after dropping so much money on school, and raising the hopes of my parents and grandmother, and ... just because i don't want to lose the last shreds of self-worth i have, dropping out is NOT an option.

however, here i am on the brink of failure... and i have spent all afternoon in a coffee shop not doing the paper that was due monday. it is worth 55% of my grade in a class that i have skipped too many times. i know i am in big trouble. i can't even bring myself to write the professor an apology and request an extension.

the dean of academic affairs is frustrated with me. she's suggested a leave of absence so i can avoid being expelled... and while i told her i wanted to stick it out, i'm starting to think that may be necessary.

Anyone else here in grad school and struggling? Tips? Please help!!!

i hate myself... if only if only i could find the motivation and focus. caffeine tends to make me sleepy. i first started suspecting i had ADHD

i'd ignored my friends and family's advice to get tested for years... and then suddenly, i've realized i have pretty much every single symptom for ADHD.

<removed disallowed info>

i have the weekend ahead of me and i hope to finish my homework but i'm so scared i'm going to keep sitting here... and waste the whole weekend trying to get things done, and that monday's going to come without me actually getting any work or play done.

how long does it take to get prescribed meds? tips? please!!!!!

any advice or encouragement you can provide is welcome. thanks...

The following user gives a hug of support to doodoobrain:
Dookie (11-07-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-15-2011, 12:39 AM   #2
(male)

justin654 HB User
Re: Any other ADD-ers in Law School...?

First thing you should do is make an appointment with your doctor. And tell them the symptoms you've been having. And they will take it from there if they think it's necessarily to put you on an add/adhd medicine. Good luck!

Closed Thread