It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2011, 10:58 AM   #1
(female)

Jacki222 HB User
False Positive Drug Testing

Hi, I have to drug test randomly and I take Adderall 30mg 3x a day. My test are coming up stating I am taking meth. which isn't good. Does anyone know why that would happen or if it has happen to anyone else. I hired an attorney to fight my case because I have not done meth and this is causing a great deal of problems and will continue because of the adderall. Meaning I am still going to take the adderall. I did go off it for 3 days prior to getting test but haven't gotten any results yet. If anyone know about how the body could react to adderall differently then others people. As I heard that no one else has ever come up positive for meth taking adderall. I am spending 2000 to fight the case and I am on financial aid for school..so this an extreme case, as I could go to jail and I am not guilty.

Old 09-14-2012, 09:52 AM   #2
(female)

shortattention HB User
Re: False Positive Drug Testing

Have you resolved this?
Adderall is an Amphetamine. Read about it on Wikipedia.
Get your doctor to write you a note that you take Adderall for medical condition and present it to the Lab people or to whoever is questioning the meth in your results.
Don't stop taking it prior to tests.
It is not wrong or illegal: If you are taking medication as prescribed by a doctor for a medical condition for which you have been diagnosed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2012, 12:52 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Thunor HB UserThunor HB UserThunor HB UserThunor HB UserThunor HB UserThunor HB UserThunor HB UserThunor HB UserThunor HB UserThunor HB User
Re: False Positive Drug Testing

As noted above. If you take Adderall as a legal prescription, you should be ok if you can document it. Methamphetamine is a drug in the amphetamine class, and is sufficiently chemically similar to straight amphetamine that your positive result is due to the Adderall.

Old 09-17-2012, 06:16 AM   #4
(male)

jeremy903 HB User
Thumbs down Re: False Positive Drug Testing

Adderall is necessary to test. At the time of testing it is necessary to be aware.

Closed Thread