It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2011, 05:05 PM   #1
(female)

AthenaMercedes HB User
Smile Add/adhd

I was diagnosed with ADHD at a young age. I can now control it after my mother taught me how. I still get angry a lot of the times, but when that happens I tend to go to my room. As long as you give her space when she wants to left alone that may help. When I was little I would always talk to my teddy bear, because I knew he wouldn't judge me. That was a major thing for me was being judged by people that didn't know me. So I had Brunno my teddy bear. I'm 17 now I don't talk to my teddy bears, but when I get upset I tend to stay in my room and cry.

The following user gives a hug of support to AthenaMercedes:
LessStress38 (11-16-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-16-2011, 08:55 AM   #2
(female)

LessStress38 HB UserLessStress38 HB UserLessStress38 HB UserLessStress38 HB UserLessStress38 HB User
Re: Add/adhd

You can write on here what is bothering you specifically. There are many people who can empathize with you. They either have similar feelings or experiences. Also if they know what you are dealing with they may have helpful suggestions. My daughter is 11 and I suspect she may have some ADHD tendencies as I have noted them in myself and my family tree. She retreats to her room at times as well and gets creative. I know she's in there making a mess but it calms her down. It's an outlet. So, now that your getting older, finding new ways to vent, communicate your feelings is important. It's hard to slow down sometimes for ADHD people. Maybe use a notebook and write out how you feel. See it from another perspective?
Today, I was feeling especially negative. So, I drew a picture of an ugly monster. I imagined he was the "negative thought monster " The one I kept telling to leave. So, to make it offical, I drew a big circle around him and crossed him out then took a darker color so I couldn't see him at all and scribbled him out. Sounds silly? But it made me smile, laugh and really I can't even think of why I was so bummed out before.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-16-2011, 08:56 AM   #3
(female)

LessStress38 HB UserLessStress38 HB UserLessStress38 HB UserLessStress38 HB UserLessStress38 HB User
Re: Add/adhd

keep posting

Last edited by LessStress38; 11-16-2011 at 08:59 AM. Reason: double post

Closed Thread