It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2011, 03:53 PM   #1
(male)

Jimbo007 HB User
Amphetamines-methylphenidate-but mainly alcohol have messed my hormones up!

I am 18 years old and I am an alcoholic, and I have been since 16. After my first few months of drinking I became physically addicted and drank all the time, I then ended up in rehab. 4 months later got out and relapsed after a month and a half, and drank for 5 months just about everyday and I started doing a lot of drugs as well. When my tolerance was up to par, I was drinking a handle of 40% vodka every two days and I was getting pretty hardcore withdrawls, like detoxic tremors, fevers, and the clenches. I would get these if I didn't start drinking early enough in the afternoon. Since I stopped last June I have only drinken for 2 weeks and that was about a month ago. BUT! Right before I went to rehab I started feeling some weird changes in my body. I don't even feel comfortable typing it here. But because I was drinking pretty much around the clock, my body started messing up and my hormones were going wacko! This is weird, but my testicles started to feel weird and they felt soft, and I started sweating this gross thick sweat all out of my body but mainly my crotch area. I went and got a physical from my doctor because I think my mom knew I was so sick or something like that. And when he was feeling my junk and all he told me that I need to stop drinking asap because my hormones were getting so messed up. So I went to rehab and after a week or two, everything cleared up. But then i relapsed after rehab and was doing lots of drugs. Tons of amphetamines and methylphenidates along with like everything else... The hormone changes didn't start until maybe 3 months into my drinking, which at that point I was so messed up and I didn't stop for another month and a half or so. But than, like before rehab, the heavy sweat and the weird hormonal changes went away after some time. But after my most recent relapse, which was only 2 weeks (4 half gallons and one fifth of vodka), and I got the weird changes. But things went back to normal except for my sweating. Like it's finals week at my college and I'm super stressed and I'm sweating the disgusting horrible smelling sweat. So my real question is: Do you think my drinking permanently damaged my hormones? Because It would make sense because I damaged my brain pretty good... I can't even speak and think well anymore...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2011, 11:26 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

addprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB User
Re: Amphetamines-methylphenidate-but mainly alcohol have messed my hormones up!

Jimbo,

I seriously doubt your hormones are permanently out of whack. You are young. That being said, if you do not stop drinking & doing speed right NOW, you might just succeed in damaging yourself PERMANENTLY.

When I was your age I did a lot meth, acid, and booze for two or three years. I quit all that nonsense at around age 20. I thought I got away with it. Nope. I'm carrying the hepatitis C virus which can and will shorten my life if I do not stay on the straight and narrow.

You should get yourself checked for Hepatitis C if you been snorting speed sharing a rolled up dollar bill with your dope fiend friends.

I can think of 5 of my old "buddies" that died before age 21 from drug overdose. One of the easiest ways to kill yourself is to mix pills with booze. Another 5 or so died later from drug use complications. You must stop now. If you have contracted some virus, getting it under rapes now is wise - before it has time to do a lot of damage. Get checked. Your body will probably need just a couple of months to get your hormones and neuro transmitters back in balance. Your thinking will clear up - cuz you're young and most likely haven't used up all your reserves.

I hope I scare the hell at of you. If you continue abusing dope and booze, you WILL kill yourself. It might take a few years. Nevertheless, You will end up dead shortly - if you don't stop.

Bob

Old 12-06-2011, 12:11 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

The thing about addiction is, after you quit and get through the actual withdrawls, it can take months for your brain and body chemistry to get back to normal. Hang in there, life does get better.

The Following User Says Thank You to janewhite1 For This Useful Post:
addprogrammer (12-06-2011)
Old 12-06-2011, 10:55 AM   #4
(male)

Jimbo007 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by janewhite1 View Post
The thing about addiction is, after you quit and get through the actual withdrawls, it can take months for your brain and body chemistry to get back to normal. Hang in there, life does get better.
Ok thanks. Like i said in my mega message, I have quit the booze and I don't plan on drinking again ever because it's not fun for me anymore... I don't get and euphoria from it, it just feels like I've taken xanax when im drunk. All i have to quit now is the drugs. But the things I have been doing all the time lately is speed... so thats why I posted on this message board. But thank you for the support.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: Jimbo007
addventurous (12-06-2011), LessStress38 (12-06-2011)
Old 12-07-2011, 08:01 AM   #5
(female)

LessStress38 HB UserLessStress38 HB UserLessStress38 HB UserLessStress38 HB UserLessStress38 HB User

On kinda a side note:

I was thinking on a theory
Bob's post got me thinking about my younger, more foolish years as well.
I also drank more alcohol before I turned 21 than after. I used pot, acid but never any speed or coke,crack etc.
However, some close friends have.
Out of group of 5 girls one is still an addict & alcoholic who lost her kids and is homeless, two are alcoholics with bipolar.
Then there's me and one other girl.
She still smokes pot but nothing else, maybe a few drinks sometimes.
I haven't smoked pot or cigarettes in over 15 years. I could have a problem with alcohol if I'm not careful. 3 drinks could become 8 in one night and I would be all the stupidier. But I think my husband would have something to say about that.

My long story is all about my theory...
IF....I continued BINGE drinking with my companion girlfriends...which I forgot to mention....I made space from (I still talked to but didn't binge drink with or do drugs with)...if I kept up with their lifestyle...could I have damaged my brain into becoming BiPolar.... because of having ADD tendencies to begin with?
I told one of my girlfriends about my ADD stuff and she said maybe I'm Bipolar like her...because she thought she was ADD, but...
I can go to sleep at night....and get up in the morning easily..my patterns are more steady...

I have read that alcohol is bad for PFC function...like really bad..ugh...umm
I don't want to offend anyone because I know people can have Bipolar and never ever have done drugs, I'm sure. I know it's a brain disorder.
I know people probably try to self medicate with drugs and alcohol to feel better for a lot of things.
I'm glad my 2 Bipolar friends are getting the help they need now. I know life is very hard for them. I love them very much.
Drug abuse is very bad.
Jimbo007 you are young and strong and have your whole life ahead!
Find someone you trust who cares that can help you.
I am so proud of you for staying away from the liquor.

And most likely, like you said, it's the speed that's making you sweaty and smelly...I read about it on another board...

Last edited by moderator2; 12-07-2011 at 08:12 AM. Reason: please do not post a commercial website, for any reason.

Closed Thread