It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2012, 09:06 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

Matt321 HB User
I took 40mg adderall generic and it did nothing

I took a total of 40mg generic adderall 2x20mg instant release 4 hours apart and I feel nothing.

I took adderall years ago and it used to stimulate me. Since then I've had a deep depression. I tried concerta after depression but that didn't do anything, either.

Why would adderall not work, but used to work? do I have a defective generic? Do I have a body that won't respond to stimulants after depression?

Appreciate your comments

Old 01-16-2012, 10:31 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: I took 40mg adderall generic and it did nothing

Adderall can improve concentration, and it may act like coffee and stimulate you a little, but it doesn't necessarily help depression. I find that if I am very tired, my medicine doesn't help my focus properly.

Have you sought treatment for depression? That sounds like a good first step.

The following user gives a hug of support to janewhite1:
Matt321 (01-16-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to janewhite1 For This Useful Post:
Matt321 (01-16-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2012, 10:53 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Matt321 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by janewhite1 View Post
Adderall can improve concentration, and it may act like coffee and stimulate you a little, but it doesn't necessarily help depression. I find that if I am very tired, my medicine doesn't help my focus properly.

Have you sought treatment for depression? That sounds like a good first step.
Thanks for the comment! I'm in treatment for depression thank you for asking.
I think the medicine kicked in but it's not quite what I expected, I'm not "in the zone" if you will. Maybe after I get started with something, or I increase my dose.
Time to test on my classes.
Strange, that I felt nothing before the second 20mg tablet or 10mg's I took in a cessation of 20's.

Old 01-16-2012, 10:59 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

Antidepressants and psychostimulants have complicated interactions. Sometimes they make each other stronger, sometimes they interfere with each other, sometimes something else happens. What does your psychiatrist think?

Old 01-17-2012, 10:23 AM   #5
Inactive
(male)

Matt321 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by janewhite1 View Post
Antidepressants and psychostimulants have complicated interactions. Sometimes they make each other stronger, sometimes they interfere with each other, sometimes something else happens. What does your psychiatrist think?
I'll find out soon. Something is definitely not working right. I took 40mg today and I didn't feel anything, at all. At least yesterday I had a 20 minute period where I thought it could start to work. this sucks

Closed Thread