It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2012, 11:24 AM   #1
(female)

hladams HB User
Is it the vyvanse or my back???

Hi, I am a 22 year old female. I have always had medical issueís some with my cervix and ovaries but the most recent is I have been diagnosed with cervical rib syndrome. I have two extra ribs in the lower part of my neck which causes extreme discomfort. Now my current doctors know this but every time I go in for a checkup he treats me for fibromyalgia. Here recently I have started to have pains in my chest that radiate into my neck and face, it feels like itís in my shoulder and down my arm as well (no breathing problems). Now I know that the cervical rib syndrome also causes thoracic outlet syndrome. I have also been told it could be pectoralis major or scalene. My muscles on my left side (side of all the pain) stay very tense and knotted. I have noticed an increase in my blood pressure and my heart rate. I have gone in several times thinking itís my heart and they tell me itís not and my heart is fine. They have done EKGís and xrays. They continue to tell me that itís just my nerves causing pain to that area. It hurts down into my hand as well. I work in an office and I am at a computer for 8+ hours a day. I take Tylenol 3 for pain and gabapentin. I also take vyvanse 20mg in the morning. The vyvanse is another reason I am concerned it may be my heart, but yet again they say it has nothing to do with that. I stopped taking it to see if the discomfort would go away and it did not, but when I started taking it again it seems to make it worse. Could it be the vyvanse or is it the cervical ribs? I also have read that the cervical ribs could compress veins and arteries, could this be a possibility. Itís very scary. Also I stay stressed about the pain and have a lot going on.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2012, 04:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

addprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB User
Re: Is itthe vyvanse or my back???

Most likely Vyvanse is tightening your already over-tense muscles. Have you tried drinking lots of water? It may help if not contraindicated by your medical problems.

Old 03-23-2012, 05:46 PM   #3
(female)

hladams HB User
Re: Is it the vyvanse or my back???

Actually drinking lots of water is a downfall for me, Im very bad about not drinking water. I do drink a lot of soda. I will try this. Its something I know I need to do but I always grab a soda instead.

Closed Thread