It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2012, 05:45 PM   #1
(female)

kaylasmomma HB User
Red face Help my child can not sit still

OK so ANY parents out there have this same experience where just sometimes your ADHD child is climbing the walls, not listening....DRIVING YOU INSANE like they forgot their pill only you DID give it to them???

I have been experiencing this lately with mine.

This has mostly happened in a group setting, school, girl scouts ect...

I am just plain dumbfounded on why sometimes this happens

Any ideas or HELP... PLEASE

Old 05-01-2012, 06:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Help my child can not sit still

Well, if it's happening more and more, your child may need a medication adjustment. This happens as they grow and change.

Diet helps, too, make sure there is protein and fiber with every meal. I also find that if I don't get enough sleep, my medication doesn't help.

Finally, your child may just need more physical activity! I think all children ought to be able to run around at least twice a day. Certainly ADHD kids do better when they can let off some excess energy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2012, 06:56 PM   #3
(female)

kaylasmomma HB User

Thanks her medication was actually just changed she was using the daydrayna(10mg) patch til 3pm then getting a 5mg of methylphenidate

well the patch was hurting her skin so now she just gets the 5mg pil 3x's a day
sometimes its fine... sometimes its not there is no rhyme or reason

She had a whole grain, turkey cheese roll up before hand so plenty of fiber and protein. She also played for about 2hrs outside with her cousin so also physical activity

I am just at a LOSS for WHY this is happening

Old 05-01-2012, 07:21 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

Well, it sounds like you're doing everything right. That's the tough thing about ADHD: Even when you are doing everything right and have the best treatment, there will still be "bad brain days," when it just doesn't seem to work. How often does this happen?

Old 05-01-2012, 07:30 PM   #5
(female)

kaylasmomma HB User

a couple of times a month maybe and almost always at a function or in a group setting.
It has happened at girl scouts a lot and i am sure they are started to get annoyed with her

Old 05-01-2012, 09:09 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

You know, maybe it's a time of day thing. Six hours of school followed by organized activities might be just too much focus in one day, or maybe her medication wears off in the late afternoon.

Closed Thread