It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2012, 11:01 AM   #1
(female)

IAA HB User
How do I cope with ADD?

I have ADD, and my doctor won't give me the adderol that has helped me so much in the past.

I have a hard time keeping up in a conversation with another person, which is causing me to have social anxiety.

I lose interest in everything because of the amount of work it takes to pay attention. This is causing me to become slightly depressed.

I'm very forgetful. I immediately forget things that I've just heard. I forget to do things all the time.

I have a hard time watching television without missing parts of a program because I zone out. Luckily, I have direct T.V., so I can rewind parts of a show that I missed due to zoning out; but I would like to know of techniques that would help me pay better attention instead of rewinding all the time.

ADD is causing me too many problems that I don't know how to handle, and my doctor doesn't know of any techniques that can help me other than making lists of things to do. I need some advice.

Old 05-22-2012, 08:29 AM   #2
(male)

MKatz HB User
Re: How do I cope with ADD?

Holy cow, see another doctor!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2012, 01:43 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: How do I cope with ADD?

Why does your doctor not want to prescribe the Adderall anymore? Have you ever seen a psychiatrist?

What sorts of activities can you pay attention to most easily? It might help to find an ADHD coach. This is someone who helps you with non-drug techniques to manage and pay attention.

Closed Thread