It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2012, 10:10 PM   #1
(male)

BronxBombers499 HB User
Sleep Deprived ADHD like Symptoms

For years I have been getting little sleep I would very rarely ever go to sleep before 1:00am. I usually went to sleep between 2:30-3:30 most nights and woke early most days. So basically most of my days I have been getting around 5 hours of sleep. I am 26 years old now and thought I had adhd but have started sleeping more the last 1-2 months getting at least 7 hours of sleep almost every night and I feel like my memory and speech has improved a lot. With my memory I had a very hard time remembering simple things I would remember it one day and forget it the next. With my speech I had a hard time expressing myself could not find the right words so it was very awkward and difficult for me to develop long conversations with people. Once I started sleeping more I feel like slowly but surely my memory and speech has improved a lot. Could the lack of sleep be the reason for poor memory. If so how long do you think it would take me to fully recover from being sleep deprived if I continue to sleep 7-8.5 hours everyday.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2012, 09:06 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Sleep Deprived ADHD like Symptoms

Yes, sleep deprivation can cause symptoms similar to ADHD. I don't know how long it would take to undo years of deprivation, though.

If you sleep normally for several months and still have problems with concentration and focus, see a doctor, possibly a psychiatrist.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread