It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2012, 12:07 PM   #1
(male)

JoseJones HB User
Year into Ritilan and losing my way

I was diagnosed with Intatentive ADHD over a year ago. I've been taking 50mg (10mg x 5) of Methlphenidate/Sandoz each day for past 9 months. Overall this has been a good fit for me. In the beginning I was able to get back my drive and focus. Really made strides with getting my life on track.

However, the past few months I've really struggled to maintain my focus and drive. Procrastination is starting to come back. In talking with my psychiatrist, she's mentioned that this will always be a struggle. I'm trying some non medication things to help keep me focused and "keep the drive alive!" But its hard, to say the least.

We've talked about possibly changing my doseage or trying Adderall. She mentioned that sometimes you have to change meds, but is concernd this is happening sooner than what most people experience.

I know this is an open-ended question but have others experience anything like this? And has switching to Adderall helped?

Old 06-05-2012, 11:14 AM   #2
(female)

natasha78 HB User
Re: Year into Ritilan and losing my way

My daughter has ADHD and she needed to change meds after several months too. Adderall XR has been a great fit for her.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2012, 11:23 PM   #3
(male)

FiguringLifeOut HB User

Before switching to Adderall, I would recommend that you try some of the other ritalin-based products. There is a whole slew of them out there that work quite effectively. Adderall is a completely different beast and unfortunately, while many people benefit from it, I think most people would agree that once you try Adderall, you don't go back to the ritalin-based products (for better or worse).

I've had some great success on Daytrana and Metadate CD. Others will recommend Concerta or Ritalin LA.

I guess my main suggestion is to not just switch to the dexedrine-based products just yet.

Hope that helps.

Old 06-13-2012, 06:25 PM   #4
(female)

keishaheil HB User

I was recently put on the medication Methlphenidate at 10 mg two times a day, I dont think I have been on it long enough to say how it has really done for me, only two days.. I do know when I first took it for the first time I felt a rush come over my body it seems to calm me or relax my mind. I have also noticed alot more energy then I have had. so far I am having good things about this drug, I am sorry to hear that your symptoms are coming back, if I was in your situation, I would google about the different drugs that help for adhd and take a few printed out stuff in the doctor office, and have questions wrote down that you want to ask about each drug. This would let him know that you took some time and looked up and know more about each drug. Good luck in everything you do and I hope you can find some more help. I know it really sucks when you cant stay focused on things and it is a challenge to deal with everyday.. Best of luck=)

Closed Thread