It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2012, 05:39 PM   #1
(female)

JudyJonesSD HB User
Adderall

I have been on adderall (30mg IR) for the past year (until I moved to Hawaii this past March). Now that my new insurance has gone through, I'd like to get back on my medication. I have an appointment this Saturday morning to do so. The doctor's office has contacted one of the pharmacies (there was a recall on generic adderall at the time and I used to have to fill the rx at whichever pharmacy actually had it in stock) I used to fill my prescriptions before I moved and spoke to the pharmacists. My question is, is there anything else I can do to ensure that I get my prescription this Saturday? I guess I'm just wondering if it's difficult to get an adderall prescription when you move to a different state. Does anyone know?

Old 06-21-2012, 06:33 PM   #2
(female)

sorefooted HB Usersorefooted HB Usersorefooted HB User
Re: Adderall

I would think if you have your previous medical records then it should be no big deal. Its just like any other drug people need. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2012, 06:31 AM   #3
(female)

quirkyclown HB User

there are also mail order pharmacies you can go through.they arent the internet scam you here about on the news. they are real pharmacies that employers use. i think you can go through them individually too. one is called medco and the other is express scripts. i work for a company employing thousands of people and we get discounts if we order prescriptions through express scripts but i think you can get an individual account with them too. the good thing about them is they send the add meds with a tracking number so its usually faster and when i have been close to running out of my meds and ordered them they have sent them overnight without me even asking at times. i wouldnt go through just any internet pharmacy though some of them you dont know what your getting but these two are real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyJonesSD View Post
I have been on adderall (30mg IR) for the past year (until I moved to Hawaii this past March). Now that my new insurance has gone through, I'd like to get back on my medication. I have an appointment this Saturday morning to do so. The doctor's office has contacted one of the pharmacies (there was a recall on generic adderall at the time and I used to have to fill the rx at whichever pharmacy actually had it in stock) I used to fill my prescriptions before I moved and spoke to the pharmacists. My question is, is there anything else I can do to ensure that I get my prescription this Saturday? I guess I'm just wondering if it's difficult to get an adderall prescription when you move to a different state. Does anyone know?

Old 06-22-2012, 11:43 AM   #4
(female)

JudyJonesSD HB User

Thank you both so much for taking the time to answer me. I know it seems like a kind of silly question to be asking in the first place, I just don't want to be wasting a ton of time and money on going to and from the doctor in order to get back on my medicine. I want my appointment tomorrow to be easy breezy and if there is any additional information (such as having my previous doctor send my records) that I need to provide my new doctor with then I would be happy to do so. I can't imagine that their speaking to my previous pharmacy wouldn't be all the information necessary, I just want to make sure.

Closed Thread