It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2012, 11:27 PM   #1
(female)

Rd2Recovery HB UserRd2Recovery HB User
Newly diagnosed with Adult ADD/fired from job

I had just been diagnosed with Adult ADD after realizing for a ling time I was experiencing depression and anxiety. Had been on meds for years but had just started seeing a therapist in December. I realized that I was still struggling with job performance so I researched Adult ADD on my own and asked my therapist about it at my next session. I met the criteria from her test amd my family physician and was prescribed Vyvanse. Then in mid May the boss I work for and higher ups in my job were waiting for me to discuss poor job performance. Long story short, union did nothing for me and I was forced to resign or lose the employer portion of my pension. I told them that I only found out not even a month ago that I was diagnosed with Adult ADD. They said that it wasnt a consideration. I have filed a complaint with EEOC. Anyone else have similar situation and what did you do and what was the outcome.

Old 07-01-2012, 07:45 PM   #2
(female)

twin2beat HB User
Re: Newly diagnosed with Adult ADD/fired from job

Rd2Recovery My husband is actually in almost the exact same situation. They were stating he had poor work performance and my husband told his employer he was sure he had a disability because although he is above average intelligence he couldn't perform fast enough to finish the work load and there were too many things to do on short dead lines. They didn't provide accommodations and therefore we took him to a child neurologist and my husband was diagnosed with Adult ADD, after he filed for short term disability and didn't go back to work because he couldn't do the job and the neurologist knew that. When he told his boss about a disability they treated him different and tried to fire him quicker. We filed with the EEOC as well and are waiting. Same boat as you and we are waiting. I hope it works out for you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2012, 09:02 PM   #3
(female)

Twin2beat-I am so sorry that we have to meet this way...in this blog. I am an elementary secretary and I have non stop interruptions all day which makes the job a challenge fir someone who does not have add. I have the past 6 reviews which I had gotten all excellent marks by 2 previous principals I had. How long ago did you file with EEOC? I just filed this past week. Anxious to hear from them but realistic that it might take a bit. I look forward to cooresponding with you again and offering support. Please post when you hear from EEOC as I will do the same. Good luck!

Old 07-02-2012, 07:27 AM   #4
(female)

twin2beat HB User

We filed with the EEOC about 3 weeks ago and are still waiting, it will take time to look into everything but I hope it works out. He worked as a workers comp claims manager and had up to 60 claims at one time which means he was calling people then making notes, in the middle of notes he would get a call from a different case and mix them up, we sought out a child neurologist because he specialized in ADD/ADHD. I will definitely let you know what happens, I am sorry we had to meet this way as well but just know you are not alone!

Old 07-02-2012, 08:07 AM   #5
(female)

On top of all this I had major foot surgery on May 18. I will be non weight bearing for 10 weeks and wont be able to start driving for 12 weeks so I have been sitting here stressing over this job situation and I am not eligible for unemployment due to the fact I cant actively seek full time employment. More stress. Ugh!
I so understand how difficult it was for your husband at work. I will be keeping you in my prayers.

Old 07-02-2012, 01:45 PM   #6
(female)

So I just heard that the person who bid and was awarded my job within the school district was told she was not qualified and cant take the position and that the person who may get the position is the union Presidents daughter. Hmmm. Maybe thats why the union did nothing for me. If that turns out to be true, the EEOC will definitely know that piece of news.

Old 07-18-2012, 09:29 PM   #7
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin2beat View Post
We filed with the EEOC about 3 weeks ago and are still waiting, it will take time to look into everything but I hope it works out. He worked as a workers comp claims manager and had up to 60 claims at one time which means he was calling people then making notes, in the middle of notes he would get a call from a different case and mix them up, we sought out a child neurologist because he specialized in ADD/ADHD. I will definitely let you know what happens, I am sorry we had to meet this way as well but just know you are not alone!
Hi There. I was wondering how your husbands fight is going with the EEOC. I still have not heard anything back from them. Im gonna try to check on things again tomorrow with them. Maybe give a little nudge. Hope all is well. Hope to chat soon. Always happy to be of some support.

Closed Thread