It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2012, 11:42 AM   #1
(female)

jackieshoes HB User
Adderall & "lie bumps" or swollen taste buds?

Does anyone else get these? When I take a break for a day or two they get a little better but within 24 hours of then first dose...they're back! Unfortunately, I've tried everything else and the adderall seems to be the ony thing that works... I'd rather be productive and feel always normal though, I can handle the bumps, I'm just curious...

Old 07-28-2012, 02:38 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Adderall & "lie bumps" or swollen taste buds?

Huh. That is not a side effect I've heard of before. Maybe it's related to dry mouth? Maybe drinking more water would help? Still, it doesn't actually sound dangerous.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2012, 08:36 PM   #3
(female)

jackieshoes HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by janewhite1 View Post
Huh. That is not a side effect I've heard of before. Maybe it's related to dry mouth? Maybe drinking more water would help? Still, it doesn't actually sound dangerous.
No, I don't think it's serious. They are just annoying....very very very annoying!

I get them when I was younger if I ate a lot of salty stuff, like sunflower seeds or pickles. So I think it may have something to do with the salt compound in the medicine. I've almost got it down to a day where they are really "active" if I hold some hydrogen peroxide on it for about 30 seconds and then swish with Listerine and hold some on there after with a qtip.

As for the dry mouth, I'm ALWAYS sipping on water, but I have been using the Biotene mouthwash and that seems to give some temporary relief.

Old 08-01-2012, 10:38 AM   #4
(female)

attndeficit HB User

Im not the only one guzzling water all day/night. I just started taking Adderall XR 30 mg yesterday. I made the mistake of drinking my usual 5 cups of coffee this morning with this medication. I guess I should have researched caffeine and Adderall. Does anyone have any suggestions? I see a no caffeine ever again life ahead of me.

Old 08-01-2012, 02:20 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

Caffeine and Adderall have very similar effects on the body, so, yes, when you take Adderall you need to seriously reduce your caffeine intake.

I imagine you were self-medicating your ADHD with caffeine, though. Now you won't have to do that.

Old 08-08-2012, 09:02 PM   #6
(female)

Kat2257 HB User

Yeah its normal, from dry mouth

Old 08-16-2012, 11:58 PM   #7
(female)

Adalyne HB User

Do your jaws hurt too?

Closed Thread