It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2012, 10:35 AM   #1
(female)

tlackey HB User
Does Wellbutrin help with the irritable side effects of Adderall?

Hello All,

I am on day 3 of taking Adderall XR 20mg. I am SUPER irritable!

Day 1 wasnt so bad, i actually had tons of energy and was wired up like crazy. Yesterday, day 2, I found myself not so sociable and wanted to be stuck to myself. I didnt really care about doing much of anything(social). I didnt want to talk, smile, or spend time with my husband. I was very irritable and ugly towards him for no reason. Today, day3, Im the same way. I do have more energy, but its like Im just waiting for the opportunity to snap at any moment. Basically, in my mind i have things set up and planned what i want to do. The moment that gets interrupted I just explode into madness. I dont enjoy feeling this way and definitely dont like treating my husband this way.

Before I started taking Adderall, I was prescribed Wellbutrin XL 300mg. I stopped taking it earlier this month bc i felt i didnt need it anymore. So, obviously Im thinking I may need to get back on it. Ive done some research and read threads of ppl taking Wellbutrin with the Adderall to help with the irritable side effects. So many ppl have said that they take the Wellbutrin to help with the anxiety and depression and that it is a perfect cocktail for them. So, I havent really gotten the answer Im looking for. I cannot stay this ill and mean all the time.

My question is- Has anyone here taking Adderall, added the Wellbutrin to help with the irritability? Have you had great success?

Last edited by tlackey; 07-29-2012 at 10:39 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2012, 06:01 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Does Wellbutrin help with the irritable side effects of Adderall?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlackey View Post
Day 1 wasnt so bad, i actually had tons of energy and was wired up like crazy.
That is not supposed to happen. Your dose is much too high, and the reason you're irritable is that you are crashing. Have your doctor switch you to 10 mg and see what happens then.

Old 09-14-2012, 08:51 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

CharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB User

I did the same as you in stopping the Wellbutrin thinking I wasn't depressed so why take it. I think now that I can tell a difference in how I feel just taking my ADD meds. My meds give me some energy but I tend to start feeling "more normal" after taking them. Like grounded and have more self control and able to do things in order and get them done.

Old 10-19-2012, 06:42 PM   #4
(female)

meganntresh HB User

I've taken both sr and xl versions of Wellbutrin and the xl made me much more irritable. However, the sr caused "some" irritability too. So, IMO the adderall, wellbutrin combo would make it worse. Also, I just started adderall xr. Started at 5 mg, and just this wk went up to 10. Your dosage does sound high to start out at.

Closed Thread