It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2012, 07:56 PM   #1
(male)

whostalkingtome HB User
75mg daily 10 months, I think its making me crazy

Hey whats happening people,
I' m prescribed 75mg Adderoll daily. I never felt like it was a huge impact on my life, but it did help in the beginning. However, the longer ive been taking it, the more i'm starting to notice some personality trates ive never had. I'm becoming very fixated on things. So fixated it's unhealthy. I worked on getting my internet connection for 2 strait weeks. I bout new ethernet wires, new modems, new routers, splitters and so on. I was under my house, threading and cutting and drilling holes in my wall. And by the way, my internet was fine before. Ive been fixated on my girlfriend cheating on me for the past month. Im becomming obsesive with things. I feel i'm losing my mind a little here. My girlfriend would never cheat on me, but I am being absolutely ridiculous. Ive gotten in her call logs, her e mails, her messages. She has done nothing even remotely suspicious to me. She works come's home and is with me. What the FU** is going on with me. It has to be the adderall. My mind is working diferently, and it has to be related to this. Anybody have any experience with this?

Old 08-11-2012, 08:21 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: 75mg daily 10 months, I think its making me crazy

75 mg is a very high dose. Most sources recommend no more than 60 for ADHD, although other conditions may require higher.

Yes, it can cause you to fixate on things. It can also cause trouble sleeping, or never feeling tired.

I would see your doctor again. If you don't get satisfaction, go to a good psychiatrist. Quitting Adderall might help, but on a dose that high, stopping all at once might cause other problems.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2012, 08:29 PM   #3
(male)

whostalkingtome HB User
Re: 75mg daily 10 months, I think its making me crazy

Thanks for the help. It just doesnt feel right. I dont feel a lot of energy at all either. I am a little sluggish in the day and perk up a little at night. Then, when I do go to sleep, my heart rate increases, and it does cause some sleeping problems. This even happens when I dont take my afternoon dose. At this point, I really want my psyche doc to say to get off of it. If not, I will wean off on my own. I dont like how I feel, and I believe it is causing a negative impact on my life. Especially my relationship which has been so great until I became obsesive for some reason?

Closed Thread