It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2012, 12:28 AM   #1
(female)

Adalyne HB User
Mood change when Adderall wears off

I've always wanted to ask questions on here but was afraid of asking dumb questions.
I've been on 10mg 2x a day for a little over a year now. I'm fine when I take it because I can focus and stay on top of things. The 10 has been wearing off so fast and its very frustrating
I could be around people when I first take it and engage in conversation, laugh and enjoy myself but when its wearing off, I dont want to speak to anyone and nothing is funny. I've had to pull the fake laugh off quite a few times. I get very angry too. Then I have to wait to take my next one and it happens all over again. I am also on Celexa to help with my major mood swings. Any thoughts, advice or help would be great.
Thanks!

Old 08-17-2012, 06:10 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Mood change when Adderall wears off

Rebound effects. Very common. You could ask your doctor for an extended-release version, instead, to smooth out your emotions during the day.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2012, 06:44 PM   #3
(female)

GatsbyG HB User

The exact thing happened to me as well. I told my doctor and she decided to increase my dose. I guess I had buit up a tolerance for a lower dose. Hope that helps.

Old 09-29-2012, 11:06 AM   #4
(female)

RebelBelle HB User

You probably have a tolerance to the 10mg now, I would ask your doc to increase your dosage
And even with the extended release version you can can still have some mood swings when it wears off, and before the next dose starts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by janewhite1 View Post
Rebound effects. Very common. You could ask your doctor for an extended-release version, instead, to smooth out your emotions during the day.

Old 10-15-2012, 02:04 AM   #5
(male)

rumel HB User

I used to have a similar issue with irritability. Tolerance with amphetamines goes up rather quickly. So, in a way you are dealing with withdrawals.

If you don't like upping your dose, I would start taking weekends off. Try to loose some of your tolerance to the drug. It could actually take, from what I understand" weeks or more to get back to the tolerance you had a year ago.

As for irritability. I found that a Cal-Mag solution worked wonders form me.

The Following User Says Thank You to rumel For This Useful Post:
Rdbomb94 (10-17-2012)
Closed Thread