It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2012, 03:25 PM   #1
(female)

ShelbylovesDogs HB User
New here... Concerta withdrawl

Hi
I am a 44 yr old wife/mother who started taking ADD meds about 6 months ago. I tried Adderall, Dexedrine and am now on 36 mg of Concerta. I have been out of my prescription for 2 days because I waited too long to call my Dr. To get a new written RX(it really sucks not to be able to call in refills). Anyhoo, I have felt like absolute **** since I have been off of it (my new RX should come in today's mail). When i first started taking it, I asked about withdrawls and he said fatigue is likely. Well, I have extreme fatigue, chills, horrible back pain, moodiness and headaches to name a few. I have sooo much going on right now (back to school stuff, party to plan & busy time at work) but I cannot function! I called in sick for work today and have been trying to sleep but the house is too noisey. I am so mad at myself for letting this happen again!!! I am so unorganized! However, i know this wont happen again because i never, ever want to feel this way again

I guess I just needed to vent .

The following user gives a hug of support to ShelbylovesDogs:
janewhite1 (08-23-2012)
Old 08-23-2012, 07:12 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: New here...Concerta withdrawl

The withdrawl from from just 36 mg shouldn't be that dramatic. I would really look into why this is happening.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2012, 09:45 PM   #3
(female)

ShelbylovesDogs HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by janewhite1 View Post
The withdrawl from from just 36 mg shouldn't be that dramatic. I would really look into why this is happening.
Really? I felt soooo awful all day long. My new RX came in the mail today and I got it filled and took 36 mgs, even though it was 5:00 pm! I do feel a lot better now that it is back in my system. I am also on pain meds right now from knee surgery (Percocet), so I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Thanks for replying!

Last edited by Administrator; 08-24-2012 at 12:16 AM.

Old 09-01-2012, 03:40 PM   #4
(female)

bioadd HB User

this summer I stopped taking adderall because I really only need it for school work. To do this I had to get on antidepressants, and I still had a week of withdrawal symptoms. I couldn't get out of bed for the first three days and had many of the symptoms you listed. but if you ever plan to get off adderall you should expect to have depression issues that last much longer than the physical withdrawal symptoms.

Sorry but I just want to warn you about percocets... these are opiets.... doctor made heroin. Percocet withdrawal makes adderall withdrawal look like a walk through the park. Does your doctor know that you are taking percocets with adderall?

Closed Thread