It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2012, 07:52 PM   #1
(female)

shenic626 HB User
Please help me!! (long)

I had all this wrote out and it got deleted UGH! I don't want to rewrite it but i gotta, i need answers. Anyway. Iv been having problems over the years and it's just become so bad lately that I'm trying to figure out what the hell is my problem. I can't focus, especially if it bores me. I find something, ANYTHING else to do to keep me from having to do what i gotta do. Now if its a book, tv, or the computer sometimes you can't pull me away, like i get engrossed in something the world might as well not exist, which isn't good cause i have two kids. I forget things horribly not just walking into a room and forgetting why, but on my cell phone and freaking out cause i can't find my phone. I forget doc apps, things i promise to help people with, etc. I have such moments of getting angry, sometimes i don't even understand why. Its the smallest things that frustrate me. I get into an argument with someone and like i have a legit point in the argument but i cant get it out. Like i get confused and off on other topics that were not what i was trying to say. Iv been on anxiety and depression meds, none of which have done ANYTHING for me.

My sex life with the husband is crap cause im not thinking of gettin my groove on. Im thinking of the kids, the house work, what we got to do tomorrow etc..it is frustrating him so bad. We have fought over it like hardcore. My thoughts are so jumbled there are so many just racing in my head. I also had a problem with prescription pain killers and it was developing into harder drugs, but i messed up our bank account which was like my wake up call that i had an addiction problem. I got dropped from my college classes because i hated it i couldn't focus on the material it was like watchin paint dry! So i wouldn't go alot...I ended up leaving my hubby and getting a divorce, we are back together but im seeing the same fights and its me i just no. I have crapy self esteem and i know im smart my grades prove it, im a good looking girl people say, im funny and all this bull crap but i can't make myself see that. I just don't know what to do. Everythings piled up and im on the verge of wigging out and if im not add/adhd i think im just a nut job.

I hyperfocus, i guess thats what it is. I get like zoned in on something like my attention is 100% on whatever it is. Like right now searching an forums about add/adhd have my full attention and i just realized iv been sitting here for hours. It’s so hard to like pull myself away, and I’ll get irritable when people try to. As far as school i always found a way to be doing something, class clown, getting up, lying i had to go to the bathroom lol but i knew i had to keep my grades up, and i did i was smart all my test results showed it, i was even in gifted programs, my problem was high school. I HATED IT. I always skipped once i got a vehicle and had a way. I avoid it, like the plague. I avoid just simple stuff like calling the doctor, i could have done that friday but i never did it i occupied myself with a ton of other stuff. Its is like fear or something like i don’t know. I just know this is the first thing i have ran across that has explain ME. It makes me feel like ok now i understand. Its already a weight lifted for me and my hubby, well ex hubby. Like if its not this, im just a crazy person whose usless hahahaha I really need some help...please.

Any advice, are any of these like someone you know with add/adhd.

I need to know your ADD/ADHD symptoms. What do you do that is ADD/ADHD? I'm going to see a doctor but I want to do my own research to know if what im feeling, and doing has anything to do with ADD/ADHD. Also what exactly is the difference in the two??

I need advice SO bad please!!

Last edited by Administrator; 09-14-2012 at 09:48 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to shenic626:
Rdbomb94 (09-11-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2012, 07:59 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Please help me!! (long)

That sounds a LOT like ADHD. Certainly my own experiences are quite close.

The first step is to find a good psychiatrist for diagnosis and treatment. It has to be someone who treats ADHD a lot, which means you might have to see one who normally specializes in children.

The difference between ADD and ADHD? Mostly, ADD is the older name. There are different types, though, some of us are primarily inattentive, some are primarily hyperactive. Women are more likely to be inattentive, but you sound more hyperactive. (I am a hyperactive woman, too. It's less common, but it does happen.)

There are basically two parts to treatment. One is medication, the other is behavioral, and doing both together works much better than doing either one alone.

I want you to call a doctor today. If you have a family doctor you trust, or if you've seen a good psychiatrist in the past, start there. If not, do a search for psychs in your area who treat ADHD. Either way, make that phone call before 5 pm. (I know, sitting down long enough to take that first step is hard!) As soon as you make the appointment, program your cellphone with a reminder alarm, so you don't forget about it.

It might take some time for you and your doctor to find the right drug and the right dose for you. But once it's working, find an ADHD coach. A coach is not the same thing as a therapist. A therapist deals with emotions, while a coach's job is to help you learn skills to manage your ADHD.

It is possible to manage ADHD. I failed out of college once, but I went back and finished with good grades. Now, I have a good job and a good marriage.

The Following User Says Thank You to janewhite1 For This Useful Post:
shenic626 (09-10-2012)
Old 09-10-2012, 09:26 AM   #3
(female)

shenic626 HB User

Thank you. You are the very first person to actually reply and answer my questions, out of all the forums I've posted on. I'm searching for a psychiatrist now. And i AM going to call

Old 09-14-2012, 08:41 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

CharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB User

I'd suggest the same thing!

Closed Thread

Tags
add/adhd, anxiety, depression, hopeless, questions for doctor