It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2012, 07:51 AM   #1
(female)

Rdbomb94 HB UserRdbomb94 HB User
I need advice...

I went to go see my doctor at my normal time and when he asked me what meds I needed I told him the 4 I get from him,Effexor,Topomax,Adderall, and Klonopin. He refills all but the Klonopin. Ok...then he asks what other meds I'm and I tell him I take pain meds and that I'm in a pain management program. Now please remember this is also written on my original paperwork. I'm always honest about what I take because that's just the way I am I don't need issues from mixing meds. He says so you are on Percocet and I said yes but I never take the Klonopin and Percocet at the same time. Then he tells me my insurance company called and told him this! That went out of their way to make a call so he doesn't lose his license. Really?!? We have also been bumping heads over the afternoon booster I want to stick with Adderall and try the IR and he says he only uses that for young adults and kids. But my point is we've been around the block with all the others and the Adderall XR works for me so I want to stick with that. Bottom line,should I go to this new doctor like I plan to and just get get the hell away mainly because he lied? Or should I stick it out,I mean he has Saturday hours but i'm not sure how I'm going to feel on the next visit
Thanks Christina

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2012, 02:34 PM   #2
(female)

waters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB User
Re: I need advice...

It doesn't hurt to get a second opinion at all. I would go to the other doctor and see how it goes. Who knows, you might like him/her better. If not, you can always stick with the one you have. Part of treating ADHD is working with your doctor as a team. If that's not the relationship you have with your doctor where you can freely share your thoughts/suggestions, then maybe you should move on. Hope all goes well for you.

The Following User Says Thank You to waters04 For This Useful Post:
Rdbomb94 (09-11-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2012, 10:29 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

crookedhearts HB Usercrookedhearts HB Usercrookedhearts HB User
Re: I need advice...

To be honest, I would stick with this one because I find it pretty shocking that this doctor is willing to prescribe you all these meds...most would not. Here is what most doctors will probably decide: In the first place, whether or not you have add, you should not be taking adderall at all if you have anxiety issues to the point where you need klonopin. Adderall is known to increase anxiety, so it's not going to help your add if you're so anxious that you cannot function without all these meds. There are other add and adhd meds that DONT cause anxiety, so they'd likely want to switch you to one of those.

Then there's the fact that you're on pain meds in addition to all the others... It immediately raises a red flag with any doctor regardless of why you need them (doesn't matter how legitimate your reasons are; most doctors will not be comfortable prescribing it on top of all the rest because they will now see you as someone who is potentially abusing or at risk for abusing meds. I would stick with this doctor if you can and be careful about over medicating yourself.

The Following User Says Thank You to crookedhearts For This Useful Post:
Rdbomb94 (09-12-2012)
Closed Thread

Tags
add adderall depression anxiety diagnosis