It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2012, 05:45 PM   #1
(female)

treulove HB User
Unhappy Effects after Adderall withdrawal

I am a 42 year old woman who has been off Adderall for over 3 years. I am just so upset that I can't get back to my normal self. I was on Adderall a little over a year, and of course I was Wonder Woman. My husband asked me to get off of it as I wouldn't quit cleaning lol... I laugh about it but really I just want to be the person I was before Adderrall. I have no energy, no drive, and have never returned to the person I was before I chose medication for focus, and to actually complete tasks. I would be happy to be the loud, hyper, fast paced cleaning machine I used to be even though tasks were not always completed. Im afraid those days are gone forever and am so unhappy with my lazy, unfocused, unmotivated self that I feel like I should get back on the Adderall. My husband used to tell me to quit cleaning...now I just get the bare minimum done and the slanted look from hubby like "what did you do all day"... I guess my question is: Is their any known information that adderall changes a person permanently after coming off of it? I was a mess before adderall but had a lot of energy, I was PERFECT on adderall atleast in my own mind, and now I am neither person

Last edited by treulove; 09-28-2012 at 08:57 AM. Reason: I would like to delete this thread due to no response.

Old 09-28-2012, 06:36 PM   #2
(female)

GatsbyG HB User
Re: Effects after Adderall withdrawal

Hey Treulove. I am a 40 year old woman who is currently on 60mg IR a day. I can totally understand your frustration. I am overtaking my medication because I feel like I need it to do just about anything. I have the same concerns you have and I am sorry you are having a rough time. Maybe you could speak to your doctor and see if there is an alternative to help your ADD. I am new to this sight and just wanted you to know I am sure you are not alone.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread