It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2012, 01:42 AM   #1
(female)

Fenny HB User
Advice plse!

Hi there I'm a bit worried my son was diagnosed with ADHD n has been given concerta 18mg he took his first one 3 hours ago n it's like he's a diff boy I no this is a good thing but he's moody n seems down I don't like it ! Would it have this effect right away? Any advice would be great

Old 10-19-2012, 06:43 PM   #2
(male)

scarecrow447 HB Userscarecrow447 HB Userscarecrow447 HB User
Re: Advice plse!

Yes the way he is acting is due to the fact the drug is affecting his body extremely because it is his first time ever ingesting the drug. His body isn't used to the ingredients in the drug therefore it is making him act very differently. This is common among using drugs, his body should build a tolerance to it within a probable time of 2 to 4 weeks. Then the drug shouldn't be affecting anything it isn't prescribed for. Now if he continues acting like that i would recommend taking him off of it after 6 weeks if nothing changes. More details on his behavior would be helpful to me to tell you whether or not i think the drug is affecting him poorly as well. You can also talk to your physician about his mood but personally i dont think he will be of much help unless you are just telling him that you want to try something else for his ADHD. Hope this helps good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread