It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2012, 11:37 AM   #1
(female)

codysmom2004 HB User
So clueless and scared for my son

Ugh, so my son is almost 8. He was diagnosed ADHD last year and put on Adderall. He was doing really well on 5mgs for a while...but it's just not working anymore. His doctor had us up him to 10 mgs but he's not handling it well. He was having tics and not eating so the doctor had us go back down to 5. The 5 is just not enough so we are taking about other options at this point. I am so scared and just don't knwo what to do.

He has told us that Metadate/Ritalin will prob give him the same problems as Adderall as far as the tics go....and he talked about Strattera which is a pill you have to swallow, and my son hasn't ever swallowed a pill. He definitely need something because he is very disruptive and does not learn in school when he doesn't take meds, but I'm just so stuck Does anyone have any advice or has experience with this?

Thank you so much.
Nikki

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-15-2012, 08:59 AM   #2
(male)

MahaVailo HB User
Re: So clueless and scared for my son

personally, I was taking ritalin in pill form at age 5, so I can't really sympathize with him. All I can say is this, either force him take the meds, or suffer years learning coping methods (and you learning of coping with his annoyingness) until his later years when he can FINALLY understand the importance medications can have. (didn't really start noticing how much of a difference medications had on me until my later years of HS...) just gotta tell him to buck up.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread